Coolant Temperature, Hidden Menu !!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

cslau

Club Guest
Hi sifus, wats the normal coolant temperature for our E90? I jus checked mine at nite time, it shows 108 degree. :dontknow:

Those are AB's hands! He looks after himself and has a good manicurist. :4:

Schwepps;596495 said:
Those are AB's hands! He looks after himself and has a good manicurist. :4:

Hoi! key fob at the right la.. American E90!! :)

Mine is not so high. E90 325 year 2005. I get about 87 when cruising, in JAM about 90-92, driving hard (constant 150).. I get about 90.

sillycarx;597814 said:
Mine is not so high. E90 325 year 2005. I get about 87 when cruising, in JAM about 90-92, driving hard (constant 150).. I get about 90.
Ur temp looks normal to me.....again my N46 got temperature problem.....sighh...

Free bump for a good topic.. Mine temp reading are as follows

idle 102c (hot day- traffic jam) 98c (aircon off)
cruising 95c (hot day) 92c (aircon off)

note: kind of worry as it reaches 103c when I pushed hard ie driving up Genting

Alamak... I went from PJ to Curve at 3pm today.. 106~108c wor.. :42: .. and battery voltage at 13.9~14.0.. :top:

Tomorrow I rempit JB and will monitor along the journey.. thank you for the hidden menu! :top:

astroboy;769245 said:
Alamak... I went from PJ to Curve at 3pm today.. 106~108c wor.. :42: .. and battery voltage at 13.9~14.0.. :top:

Tomorrow I rempit JB and will monitor along the journey.. thank you for the hidden menu! :top:

108c is high bro have it checked soon or keep some water (3 liters) in your car. Yesterday after installed new water pump, radiator hose, ATF/Radiator heat exchanger, termostate, new radiator and fan I drove up to Genting for a test drive.

The mechanic did a proper bleed and using BMW coolant plus we did a pressure test.

Here the problem:
It idle at 98c and cruising along Karak at 102c-105c but reached 111/112c at Gotong but upon reaching Genting Highland Resort Coffee Bean it reached 117c and I saw water bleeding thru the bleed srew! I let it cool down (1hour) to speed the cooling I release the steam via the bleed valve, after an hour I lost almost 2 liter of water. My car is back in the workshop and they suspect my engine oil heatexchanger is blocked.

So seewai, what‘s your reading?

Just came back from JB. It fluctuates between 88~108c and it seems to have an inverse relationship with vehicle speed.. :4:

How does this work?

After you activate it then u can constantly monitor it from your OBC?

This is superb tip ... I was told by some track kakis that once the oil exceeds 105C the additives in the oil starts to break down. Not good for the oil.

tIANcI;769367 said:
This is superb tip ... I was told by some track kakis that once the oil exceeds 105C the additives in the oil starts to break down. Not good for the oil.

I believe most engine oil are design to work from 30 degrees (-1c) to as high as 390 (198c) or 440 degrees F (226c) as I read it somewhere in Castrol documentation.

anaksarawak;769377 said:
I believe most engine oil are design to work from 30 degrees (-1c) to as high as 390 (198c) or 440 degrees F (226c) as I read it somewhere in Castrol documentation.

See what happens when I drink and forum? Hahahahaaa ... I realised I meant GEARBOX ATF temp! Hahahahahaaaa ... my bad, very bad!

Top Bottom