Convoy to Kuala Selangor

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Status
Not open for further replies.
heard you guys had great fun on the food and drive. Too bad, was outstation. :)Good FR and pictures.

My thanx 2 the organizing cummittee for a good job done. It was my first time on a convoy mit der klub and I enjoyed myself. Not to put a dampener on the good effort I'd like to make some suggestions with a view to improving the events. 1) I propose to make it a habit to depart on time. It's no fun being made to wait. There ought to b a policy on waitin' posted so we can also play the game fairly.2) drivers may get lost enroute to destination, I nearly did. Perhaps a driver who knows the way may be identified to play tail-end charlie in a convoy. Distributing list of mobile phone nos. of all participating drivers to all drivers/navigators may also be helpful.3) I propose that as a club we embrace principles on safe motoring & good citizenry - perhaps event organizers shd include reminder during pre-drive briefing of all convoy drivers, a club policy of sticking to speed limits. My personal view is dat while event drivers may enjoy the unlimited exhuberance & elation of high-speed motoring, our club shd also not be implicated (or held liable), for any infamous motoring acts of bravado or law-breaking during events. Dat's my 2 cents for whatever it's worth for now.

2cents,Thanks for the contructive feedback. We will definitely improve on our next convoy. ;) Despite the lower quantity of cars participating, we should treat each convoy with utmost importance putting safety above all else. A good example of a well managed convoy would be the Mileage Drive to Bukit Tinggi last year. Agree with you proper briefings, walkie talkies and mobile no.s of organisers should be given to all (where applicable). And yes, punctuality is also important. Sorry I was also one of the culprits who turned up at 8.30am. thousand apologies. Was giving my car a good wash in the mornin.....ekekek.... :p

The drive was a great one ... especially at a number of S curves. Great company too.Looking forward to the next one. Cheers

Sigh... had to miss this. Was away during the weekend ... Will definitely try to make it for the next one.

Great outing....fast cars....nice ppl....yummie food.Glad that finally our convoy turn out well, but will agree wif the rest abt punctuality.Jarance was at my place by 7.40am... we cruised all the way to BU, reached at 8am, saw only Kahar & another bimmer there(forgot d).Meeting up at 8am on a Sunday morning is definetely kinda TOO EARLY, that pretty much explains why we left only after 9am.Sigh...Anyway....... was great to have a co-pilot to navigate & chit chat all the way..Thanks Jarance...Cheers

Originally posted by kevster30@Dec 13 2004, 05:14 AM Next seafood binge: PANDAMARAN, KLANG ( i can oledi see the Klang boys smiling!)
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Most welcomed if Klang is our next convoy venue :)

Too bad I missed this convoy. Hope I can join the next one. :D

Originally posted by flash@Dec 14 2004, 11:44 AM Too bad I missed this convoy. Hope I can join the next one. :D
Its gonna be a fortnight event.... so u guys can look fwd for the next convoy :)p/s : Can we really have a 'cruise' ar next time? Im a slow driver lar... :D

What happened to the rest of the pics? Share lar....I saw a lot of cameras on the day..................

Originally posted by ALBundy@Dec 13 2004, 09:15 AM The Devil has spoken! :p :p Food was great! And value for money too...Best DishSteam Prawns with eggHot looking cars1) Three282) DD (aiyo so shiny)Overall was a great day until donut king called me and we convoy to Genting!!! It was under control and decent (due to on board speed limiter on my car) until donut king saw a souped up supercharged toyota...all hell broke loose kekeke...that is another story :D Rgds
Bundy,yeah...I mean ..my car is not fast but that guy just couldn't stands it.sometime they just dun get it.They wanna brag that they've outrun a BMW up to genting la. I'm not evn on full throttle and I can hear his revs cut....*sigh*some more I think I can stuff a full grown chicken between the arches and tyre of da car.

Originally posted by Alvin@Dec 13 2004, 10:01 PM Wish was around to join the convoy.Aiyo cruissin at 150kmh is way to fast guys. Licky me not around. Next time i lead okie. sure nice & easy wan. :D
Bro, please larrr...the last time we convoy to Klang, you were 'cruising' at 180KMH.......

Sorry guys for being one of the culprits that were late. No choice as baby needs to be fed :DHmm..next outing will come alone :p and we will have a fun drive.Starting another thread for the next event!Al

siow..... you guys "crusing" at 150 - 180 km/h :eek: I sure kennot catch-up. Better give me a good headstart in your next outing ;)

The roads around the oil palm estate were brilliant. Sadly, there was too much traffic. Boy, you could use a scooby / evo. Any rally fans here? I think a couple of ROM SS were held in the estate. The food was really amazing for its price. No complaints whatsoever. Good to meet forummers whom I've yet to meet i.e. jarance, mctnesh (killer rims bro..) and kahar (get more sleep man!, but NGAM for being the SECOND ONE at 8.03 am, AFTER me). On this point, I think it'll be good if we could push off by 8.30, but then, it is 8 am on a Sunday! Can I suggest someone posts good directions, can be a joint effort also, so the party people, etc. can join us for makan. BTW, saw some modded E36s and E39s coming the other way when DD and I were on the way back. Fellow forummers? I took some pictures and will post them soon. I look forward to John's (from Driven magazine, who rode with me on the way there) article. DD: My headlamps were fully dipped. Guess it makes no difference in the day. Advisable to switch on when driving, as theres too many slower pace motorists around the area. 180? Have to lah, I'm paying too much for the privilege. :D Nice meeting you all, and remember, there's bukit tinggi.....hahahahahaahahha!

Originally posted by mctnesh@Dec 14 2004, 10:35 AM Great outing....fast cars....nice ppl....yummie food.Glad that finally our convoy turn out well, but will agree wif the rest abt punctuality.Jarance was at my place by 7.40am... we cruised all the way to BU, reached at 8am, saw only Kahar & another bimmer there(forgot d).Meeting up at 8am on a Sunday morning is definetely kinda TOO EARLY, that pretty much explains why we left only after 9am.Sigh...Anyway....... was great to have a co-pilot to navigate & chit chat all the way..Thanks Jarance...Cheers
The other guy is wkwoo69 for your info.Nesh, your ride quite comfy considering that you have change your spring.You are welcome. Pity did not drive but then again, it would be quite boring driving alone.. Next time we get walkie takie and chat while driving ...........like a real convoy.. B)

Originally posted by ALBundy@Dec 14 2004, 09:58 AM Sorry guys for being one of the culprits that were late. No choice as baby needs to be fed :DHmm..next outing will come alone :p and we will have a fun drive.Starting another thread for the next event!Al
erkkks ... come to think of it, u may come a bit late taggin along yer family, we're fine wiv it, otherwise 'crusin' session uh? :blink:k, attached herewith some of the pix taken by me ... :)rgds, B)kahar abdullah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom