Control Arm Bush

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
i have fitted Powerflex bushes for about 2 months. Changed it as precautionary measure after reading so many problems with these lower arm control bush. As it turned out, the ori unit fitted was still ok after 55000 kms. My friend's @ 35000kms already kaput. He drives in jerking style in traffic jams. That was one of the major causes according to AB. In many cases, wrong method of fitting is the primary cause too. I was not too pleased with the fitting of the new bush as the people does not seem very sure of what they are doing. They had the equipment, a pump to remove the old bush and pump in the new one. But when they installed the other part by hand into the main part, they didnt put the grease till i asked. Have to be careful of the direction of how the bush is installed too. Go to a workshop where the sifu is hands on and not asking a junior worker to handle.

The proper method is to use the bush pulling arm recommended by BMW. Have not seen this being use by most of the reputable workshop here. Most I seen send it to an engineering workshop to remove the bush and then pump the new one in.

PM me if you want to know which shop has one.

Top Bottom