Control Arm Bush

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

tkew

Club Guest
Hi guys, I have just change my arm bushing today and the llast one last me for about 5 months only, Do anyone have this experience with the arm bushing for e46, how long does it actually last. Is there any better brand around or may be the ori is better by i was tols it is from the same factory, oem.

Originally posted by tkew@Sep 23 2005, 02:22 AM
Hi guys, I have just change my arm bushing today and the llast one last me for about 5 months only, Do anyone have this experience with the arm bushing for e46, how long does it actually last. Is there any better brand around or may be the ori is better by i was tols it is from the same factory, oem.
Try to PM Chester. Thought (if my memory serves me right) he was once selling PU bushings which claimed to last longer.

I know the trust arm for E32 and E38 need to tighten on load. Not sure for e46.Otherwise not last long ....

I used to hear that E46 arm bush won't last for long ....But 5 mths , sure something wrong somewhere :blink:

I have the bush change this morning saw the driver side is broken. This is why i am so mad that the stupid bushing wear off so fast. i stay in Sri petaling and so to work in kl so the roads is ok & i dont drive like crazy not avoiding pothole. Add with 18" how to go fast on hole.
May be some of you guy had better experience in this, oe if there anything wrong with the car.

may be the Bush is defective.. it happens.

My absorber mounts were defective, few months after replaced.

I just changed mine today, hope mine last..

Originally posted by tkew@Sep 23 2005, 09:43 PM
Add with 18" how to go fast on hole.
with 18" wheels, it cause more wear and tear... but then 5 months is still too short... get the PU bushes.. Powerflex to be exact... Maybe I shud custom-make some for the E46er... ;) the one I have for the E30 and E36 won't do for the E46 though..

hmm that sounds like a good idea, btw pm me how much are your e30 control arms going for, i heard that there is a definate difference in handling? would like to know more about how it makes it better

this is how it look like

on the left is the original Lower Control Arm Bush Bracket wit hthe M3 offset bush, on the right is the custom make Lower Control Arm Bush Bracket with PU bush...

post-29-1106489003.jpg

Installed
post-29-1105723693.jpg

for more information, see this link:

Latest Goodies from me...., Front Lower Control Arm lollipop

Can the Control Arm be change at 1 side?

like if Right is broken, just change the right?

I had mine changed 3 time within a span of 1 year... the first two was done at the tyres shop. farking people did not use the right part and the installation method was wrong. that is why it did not last long. The last I have done at my regular shop in Segambut. The procedure they use to install the control arm busing was different from the first two. Now using for about a year and still in good condition...

i think the installation method make the different, perhaps some sifu here can highlight the correct method so the other can benefit from this so they dont kena. i saw mine was install with some spray of silicone oil and push in with the hand and tighthen.

Originally posted by tkew@Sep 26 2005, 08:11 PM
i think the installation method make the different, perhaps some sifu here can highlight the correct method so the other can benefit from this so they dont kena. i saw mine was install with some spray of silicone oil and push in with the hand and tighthen.
yes, the correct method is to spray oil or add grease on the control arm. the you push in the control arm bushing. previously the other farker use hammer to bang the bushing in.

I have a Powerflex bush for E46 for sale. New In Box. Its an extra pair. In case anyone is interested. RM320.

Top Bottom