Considering a 2007 Z4 2.5

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

owen1

Club Guest
Hi Guys,I'm thinking of getting a 2007 Z4 2.5 and would like your advise on:1. How to identify if the car is a updated model(218HP model)?2. Are there many options on performance tuning for this model in Malaysia, such ECU, Exhausts, Intake, Big Brakes..etc?3. Does this model come with paddle Shift? 4. Common things to check when buying?Thanks & RgdsLeslie

owen1;763698 said:
Hi Guys,

I'm thinking of getting a 2007 Z4 2.5 and would like your advise on:

1. How to identify if the car is a updated model(218HP model)?

2. Are there many options on performance tuning for this model in Malaysia, such ECU, Exhausts, Intake, Big Brakes..etc?

3. Does this model come with paddle Shift?

4. Common things to check when buying?

Thanks & Rgds
Leslie

1) check is model 2.5si. If so, it has 218 HP.
2) i dont know about Malaysia, but for sure there are plenty of tuning options, available for order from overseas..
3) im not really sure..i think no..
4) -front lower arms bushes
-brake pressure sensor (easy to check if you try to drive car in zig zag fashion, try some empty parking space)
-valve cover gasket (sometiles oil can leak a bit from it, straight down to exaust pipe just under it, and causing scary smoke..and ugly too) .. seek for black burnt traces just under it over heat shield..its easy to clean too, so you can just touch inside with fingers (engine must be cold), and your fingers should came out dry with maybe small dust..if came back oily or with black burnt out remains of oil..thats it (cheap to repair)
- cockpit rear mirror for leaks (it should be photo sensitive and react on light intensity), easy noticable as some kind of 'liquid' is spreaded inside mirror (cost 2 K i think at AB)
- electrical power steering..if you feel it stuck a lil bit while you driving, ALERT, because its about to die and cost is 10K. Best way to test it..try to drive somewhere straight (doesnt require steering, or very very minimal)..drive like that few minutes and when you try to steer left or right, you should feel slight 'stuck' sensation, if steering system is about to die..after that 'stuck' sensation, will behave normal and easy so dont be fooled by that..

its seem like z4 also got the steering problem huh..

currently my mazda rx8 steering rack also got problem.. it's cost rm5k only for brand new rack.. haha..

i'm still considering to change z4 E85 years 2007 unreg unit.. i still didnt make the decision because i very scare the softtop will let ppl drill or dig a holes on it.. My friend said if the softtop spoiled, it's need more than rm10k for new one.. is it??

because my rx8 always let ppls scratch and i dont know which idiot did it..

..well, during time i had my Z4/soft top/, i never had any single issue with it..so, factor that some nasty people could damage it, should be really out of scope as it is not car fault by any mean, and its entirely depending where you going to park your vehicle and leave it exposed...far as im concerned, BMW Z's are one brilliant piece of machinery and every single BMW i ever had was Z..im just seduced by its design/double seater nature and that weird feeling of sitting basically at back wheels..its really really nice car to ride..

still considering e85 2007 new FL and a Audi TT 2.0 TFSI..

both price range around rm170K due to both also 2007 unreg unit..

hard to choose.. really hard.. lolx..

winsonchew;765094 said:
still considering e85 2007 new FL and a Audi TT 2.0 TFSI..

both price range around rm170K due to both also 2007 unreg unit..

hard to choose.. really hard.. lolx..

Plenty of Audi TT on the road nowaday whereas hardly seen Z4...I will prefer z4...correct me id im wrong

[video=youtube;YizhGErmYhg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YizhGErmYhg[/video]

Enjoy the video

woahhh.. it's a latest E89 Z4 in the video.. but, my budget just can go for E85 unreg new FL.. my budget is around 160K-170K only..

if i not mistaken E89 current market price is about rm220K-250K depend on which years manufacture..

Thanks for the info....guys....The e85 is a still cool looking car....only have to jaga the soft top from itchi fingers

Yaaa.. Really cool.. At home already have a 2008 years manufacture 525i m sport.. BMW really nice to drive.. Just wonder need to buy one more BMW or not.. Lolx..

Top Bottom