connected drive in idrive

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

maglite

hi guys.. I am new. i got my 320 in year 2014. i read that there is something about connected drive that you can connect to ur idrive. i downloaded the app. but in my idrive, i couldn't find the connected drive. is this feature for 328 only? or my software need to be upgraded
thanks.

Connected drive is not avail on F30 318, 320 or F32 420 in Malaysia. Up to the time I bought i.e. Mid 2014

saat said:
Connected drive is not avail on F30 318, 320 or F32 420 in Malaysia
these models will have a disconnected drive. :D unfortunately my dream car is in this list...

maglite said:
hi guys.. I am new. i got my 320 in year 2014. i read that there is something about connected drive that you can connect to ur idrive. i downloaded the app. but in my idrive, i couldn't find the connected drive. is this feature for 328 only? or my software need to be upgraded
thanks.
I believe you need to purchase the recently launched 320i Sport Edition that has the Business Navigation system in it.

xatomic said:
you need some sort of special adapter to use this right?
The snap in adaptor is only required if you want a clean and wire free connection. If you want to save money, you can just use the USB cable of your phone to connect to the iDrive. Then again, the snap in adaptor provides a better mobile cellular reception as the car external antenna is used instead when of the mobile phone internal antenna.

i am using a blackberry now..i can connect via bluetooth to make calls and read SMS, but emails are not shown. Is it the same thing you are talking about?

xatomic said:
i am using a blackberry now..i can connect via bluetooth to make calls and read SMS, but emails are not shown. Is it the same thing you are talking about?
Depending on the version of your iDrive. Different BMW model comes with different iDrive version. Basic iDrive version comes with Bluetooth phone and music support. The complete iDrive version comes with navigation, internet and BMW Live and BMW App support.

splee said:
Depending on the version of your iDrive. Different BMW model comes with different iDrive version. Basic iDrive version comes with Bluetooth phone and music support. The complete iDrive version comes with navigation, internet and BMW Live and BMW App support.
For the 328i m sport , does it come with its full version?

For connected drive oversea, I understand that it comes with its own sim to download weather and other information directly into the drive system.

Is that the same for BMW Malaysia? meaning no smartphone connection is required for connected drive.

JHLuke said:
For connected drive oversea, I understand that it comes with its own sim to download weather and other information directly into the drive system.

Is that the same for BMW Malaysia? meaning no smartphone connection is required for connected drive.
Unfortunately Malaysia version of iDrive does not come with SIM card support. So you will have to use the USB or snap in adaptor method. Both method should give the same function. F30 328i should come with complete iDrive function.

Hi to all. I am new to this forum. I got my F30 328i M-Sports in early 2014.

What does the iDrive do? Can I get Waze to show on the screen wirelessly through my Samsung phone?

Yes, you can get waze but you need to do mirror link which might cost you about Rm2500.00. With mirror link, your idrive screen will act as a duplicate screen. Means you can stream videos from you tube etc. Whatever you see on your handphone screen will pop up on the idrive.

Contact bimmercoder if you are keen.

Hi YF. Thanks for your reply. RM2,500 is too much to spend for that convenience. I will get a mobile phone holder instead.

Hi, want to why my I-drive bmw live n internet function will appear after I using bmw apps facebook n disconnect the cable? any member here same problem with me?

Hi YF. I am prepared to connect using a cable, instead of wireless. Does this also require me to get the RM2,500 mirror link?

Hi OngSY,

By connecting the cables, you cannot push the waze image and sounds to the I-drive. Youtube is also not possible. These are some of the program I am referring for your simple understanding.

A phone on a phone holder just does what its suppose to do. It does not link the video images and sounds to the I-drive big screen. If you are watching youtube with your method, be contented with the sound from your mobile phone instead of the sound coming out from your car audio systems. Image quality also different.... small vs big screen! Big difference bro!

Top Bottom