Colour Choices for 3 series Luxury Line

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

cnlew

Hello all,

First of all, I know colour preference is a very personal thing.

But I would still like to hear comments from bimmer fans regarding the colour choice which best suit the F30 on the luxury line.

I am talking about 328i luxury in particular, not the M sport package.

Luxury Line probably have the widest choices for exterior colours among the various lines in this category.

Metallic
Black Sapphire
Havanna
Glacier Silver
Imperial Blue Brilliant Effect
Mineral Grey

And also the only choice for no-metallic
Alpine White

My question:
(1) What would be your choice for luxury line F30, and why? what perceived image or character that this colours gives you?

(2) Imperial Blue is the only one with the Brilliant Effect property among the choices, anyone have an explanation for what" brilliant effect" stands for?

(3) The imperial blue looks gorgeous and is depicted in a lot of BMW promotional material, however does this colour look a bit aged for you all? in lay man term, too Ah PEK?

(4) What do you think, or if anyone have any hard statistic to show the hot choice of colour for 3 series ( across all lines ) on Malaysian road.

Thats it guys, will waits for your valuable insight on this very subjective matter. Cheers.

I personally prefer mineral grey. Easy to care for and hide imperfection from dust, water mark, bird poops better than any other color and still look elegant. However I end up with black sapphire but Hv to spend extra effort now as imperfection amplified by several notch on metallic black paint.

So my vote goes to either mineral grey or black. Other colors just doesn't sing to me on a F30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is sapphire black...goes well with the chrome trim line...makes it look luxurious...stand out la...

If you believe in"feng shui", why don't you go to geomancy fengshui shifu and ask what the best colour for you. Then you will feel like and comfortable for whatever colour they tell you to get. :67:

simonyap said:
If you believe in"feng shui", why don't you go to geomancy fengshui shifu and ask what the best colour for you. Then you will feel like and comfortable for whatever colour they tell you to get. :67:
Haha, thats a good one, not really into those thing but thanks for the suggestion anyway, cheers mate.

so far, 3 person with sapphire black pick. Wow!
Anybody have the Imperial Blue " brilliant effect" colour, any regrets or compliments for the colour?

I was always thinking Mineral grey will be my choice of colour as it looks modern, energetic and elegance. but really can't make up my mind now as the colour can look bit dull in some conditions....

Mine is glacier silver. Easy to maintain. During that one month of water rationing, the car was not washed for weeks. But, still looked ok. My neighbour has a Alphine White.

Mine is imperial blue. So far feel good. I got 2 colour for my car....why? 1) look black where the light is low (at night or cloudy day) 2) look imperial blue where the sun is shinning.

The down side is you need to wash your car often because the dust are clearly seen when you leave your car in open air. Of cause it is same for the other "deep" colour like mineral grey, brown, metalic grey and black.

Imperial blue would be the colour I choose if I were to buy luxury line but it was quite difficult to get back in 2013 as it was limited in number......

Most rare is Havana. Goes well with saddle brown interior.

Top Bottom