Chrome shadowline for e46

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

kinobeano

Club Guest
The right-hand passenger side chrome shadowline piece of my e46 325 is falling off. The one near the fixed triangular window glass.Can I buy just that particular piece or do i have to buy the whole line??Anybody wants to sell their chrome shadowline??

I assume the clips are broken/missing? Easiest way to solve it is get someone from the paint shop to silicone-glue it. Or else you may look for used replacements from chop shops. Not sure if they comes in 1 piece of separately but new ones are not cheap. It's abour RM1.3k per side IIRC.

Are you talking about this chrome shadowline piece ?
Screenshot_3.png

You may get it fix with free if you have a friend operate Aircond workshop, just ask some black silicon which usually there use to fix the aircond will do.

Alex5522;776171 said:
Are you talking about this chrome shadowline piece ?
Screenshot_3.png

You may get it fix with free if you have a friend operate Aircond workshop, just ask some black silicon which usually there use to fix the aircond will do.

Yup, that's the piece. I've checked my piece and noted that the reason its falling off is because it might have fallen off before. There are some heavy scratch marks and the piece also looked distorted. I presumed it has previously fallen off the car and was ran over before the owner picked it up. So, it was lousily "hand-moulded" back to shape and fitted back to place, I think, with what looked like a double-sided tape and gam gajah.

So if I wash the car, water will sip in and the wind sound when driving is very audible.

I really have to change this particular piece. Just this piece. Where to get? Anyone here wants to sell?

or replace it with the original piece and buy the stick on shadow-line from the US. I think wingzee knows the website...

kinobeano;776247 said:
... I really have to change this particular piece. Just this piece. Where to get? Anyone here wants to sell?

Sorry, not change, but replace with original chrome piece..

Try MK Auto, Kepong. Look for Ah Loong. They stock up plenty of BMW parts.

bavarian auto selling this part, price per one side is +/-850 ringgit, 50% deposit.. black msport is cheaper - around 500 per sided..
btw,, if the clip happened to be broken, you may find it at quill puchong or stuttgart.. 3-4 ringgit per pcs. I'd fixed mine before.

bro kinobeano
You have ask what is the most obvious difference between an M Sport version and normal version.. in roll call who has e46 thread right.
The chrome shadowline is for normal version and shining black for an M Sport not flat black some people confuse of it

Good luck on your searching...for sementara just glue in with windscreen silicon call 255...banyak kuat ooo... ini gam

just curious... whether this thing can be glued or no? or it need to be movable/flexible..
Happened to me before where all the clips broken because my mechanic glued it.

The trim may be required to be removed if you're sending in your ride for re-paint or you're looking to upgrade switch your trim to the chrome/shadowline. Other than that, I don't see any harm in gluing it. Mine has the clips broken and glued on both sides as well.

rezarazoo;776381 said:
bavarian auto selling this part, price per one side is +/-850 ringgit, 50% deposit.. black msport is cheaper - around 500 per sided..
btw,, if the clip happened to be broken, you may find it at quill puchong or stuttgart.. 3-4 ringgit per pcs. I'd fixed mine before.

I think the original M-Sport should be higher in price.

jarance;776791 said:
I think the original M-Sport should be higher in price.

Totally agree with Jarance M-Sport is more expensive.

There's quite a few misinformation in regards to the rain gutter trim ... Kindly see below for info:-

1) Shadowline trim aka Gloss trim - M-Sport
2) Chrome - Non M-Sport
3) Matt Black - Non M-Sport

Hope this will clear any misconception about shadowline trim

P/s: Shadowline trim rain gutter is RM1700 per-side from BMW dealership you may get cheaper price from BA or other parts dealer but it will still be more than 1k (if my memory serves me right lol)

This is the trim on my ride after 8 years. The colour never faded or lost it gloss.

E46Trim.jpg

Top Bottom