Choose your 330ci Cabriolet

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
KL2DC said:
If this car is going to be a garage queen, then there is not urgent need for the expensive and heavy hardtop. But if you're going to use it as a daily driver, and especially in Malaysia, I agree a hardtop is a must. It does help reduce chassis flex, risks of vandalism/theft and leaks. But they are heavy and a little cumbersome to remove (2 people is suggested) and bulky to store (when not in use).

But having a hardtop highlights the reasoning for going with a sedan/coupe in the first place.

It's still your call, Mr. Omega.

KL2DC...
I don't think the hardtop is heavy as it is made of aluminium if I am not wrong light weight, get graffica to answer as he owns a 330ci had a hard top too. Not that difficult to take out, yes 2 person to handle..I would suggest have a proper closed garage at home with a special good hook to hold the hardtop once its taken out and hang it nicely above the car in the garage as you need only during rainny days and enjoy open on hot days (FUN LAH) I own a soft top car for years and its nice to open top at any time, its winddy not hot for me even in the noon. I might be one of the crazy owners of soft top. Who cares of others as long as we enjoy what we drive. A cap is a must to protect our hair.

omegaoracle said:
thanks for the post... the manager called to answer my query on the hardtop, they're willing to order it for an addtional 15k.. waddaya think?

...a hardtop is not a waste of money cause this is Malaysia where the rain can be hard and it will be noisy at high speeds... and of course those green eyed monsters would love nothing better to do than knife a nice convertible too.

15k is a fair price but push for less and it is well known that everything overseas is cheaper but lest we forget this is malaysia where most things are hard to come by so we as victims always have to pay premium.. come on for the price omega is paying he should be driving a brand new M3 not a used 330ciC what with all the tax and duties imposed on things.

I feel Omega in this current market you are in a good position to demand.. esp since you are buying something actually quite rare and not many on the road. If the 330ciC is your daily driver please DO GET the hardtop but if you only plan to take it out weekends then maybe a hardtop is not as important.

When you do get it calvin i can racun you a bit cause i got loads of pics and a few magazines of done up 330ciC's cause i really thought i was getting one but it just didn't work out then...not saying i am not happy with my current ride...:D

There's nothing like driving top down with the wind blowing fast and the inline 6 purring yum!!! Get it soon bro and don't forget give me a ride.....please? i buy you tea?!

Omega...

Save your money, wait for the E93 335i Twin-Turbo. No need to worry about hardtops and engine power. Case closed :D

e93roof.jpg

NKTOB bro > I see many are happy with UK Specs, so am i with my current UK spec ci :D

BMWCar >
1. The Nippon UDM didn't have staggered wheels
2. How can you tell if its 8j or 8.5j?

thanks for the rest of the tips

Safri > will try for at least service 1

KL2DC said:
Hmmmm 15k seems a bit steep. I can get a new E46 hardtop for about $2,300 (about RM8,700). Factor in shipping, and I think you can still squeeze a couple of k's off that price, it's a buyer's market right? Findout about hardtop preparation for your car. Are all the necessary hardware there? Check with www.realoem.com for more details. Also check used hardtops...

Only RM8.6k stateside huh... the land of the free sure got its advantageous.. i wonder if they pay less taxes too

I wonder how much to ship the hardtop over..

rezzy3181 said:
KL2DC...
I don't think the hardtop is heavy as it is made of aluminium if I am not wrong light weight, get graffica to answer as he owns a 330ci had a hard top too. Not that difficult to take out, yes 2 person to handle..I would suggest have a proper closed garage at home with a special good hook to hold the hardtop once its taken out and hang it nicely above the car in the garage as you need only during rainny days and enjoy open on hot days (FUN LAH) I own a soft top car for years and its nice to open top at any time, its winddy not hot for me even in the noon. I might be one of the crazy owners of soft top. Who cares of others as long as we enjoy what we drive. A cap is a must to protect our hair.

Haha... thank you for sharing the topless enthusiasm bro...

MRsamdol said:
...a hardtop is not a waste of money cause this is Malaysia where the rain can be hard and it will be noisy at high speeds... and of course those green eyed monsters would love nothing better to do than knife a nice convertible too.

15k is a fair price but push for less and it is well known that everything overseas is cheaper but lest we forget this is malaysia where most things are hard to come by so we as victims always have to pay premium.. come on for the price omega is paying he should be driving a brand new M3 not a used 330ciC what with all the tax and duties imposed on things.

I feel Omega in this current market you are in a good position to demand.. esp since you are buying something actually quite rare and not many on the road. If the 330ciC is your daily driver please DO GET the hardtop but if you only plan to take it out weekends then maybe a hardtop is not as important.

When you do get it calvin i can racun you a bit cause i got loads of pics and a few magazines of done up 330ciC's cause i really thought i was getting one but it just didn't work out then...not saying i am not happy with my current ride...:D

There's nothing like driving top down with the wind blowing fast and the inline 6 purring yum!!! Get it soon bro and don't forget give me a ride.....please? i buy you tea?!

Guys, i think the hardtop is necessary cause we live in m'sia, land of mat cemerlangs terrorising our roadways, excellent roadside food everywhere and tropical wheather.. with the occassional hail storm in bangsar. the only question is how much can we save...

Naz, dun racun alot okay bro... i sure cannot find antidode one.. haha :D
Or maybe Doctor can help with the cure, but the last time i sat with him, he was asking for update on my mods!! huhuhu....

If, and when we get the car, we'll call it the TDM and go for a spirited drive to flex the double vanos on the m54.... glorious sweet potter... no need tea lah, just primax 3 cukup.. :D

KL2DC said:
Omega...

Save your money, wait for the E93 335i Twin-Turbo. No need to worry about hardtops and engine power. Case closed :D

Argggghh.... ultimate racun!! that is such a sick ride!!
i saw the review and pics of the 335ci but not the cab :(
did you test-drive the 330ci cab monsta ?

like what Mr.samdol correctly pointed out, with the prices of cars we pay in m'sia, most of the forumers should be driving M3s and M5s...
ah well... maybe in 5 to 6 years or so....:eek:

omegaoracle said:
NKTOB bro > I see many are happy with UK Specs, so am i with my current UK spec ci :D

BMWCar >
1. The Nippon UDM didn't have staggered wheels
2. How can you tell if its 8j or 8.5j?

thanks for the rest of the tips

Safri > will try for at least service 1

this part i can only explain in layman terms....
1) the back rim will have a bigger lip than the front rim before the spokes start
2) a 225 to 245 tire will fit reasonabily flush onto the rim
3) a 255 tires if put on a 8j rim will bulge over the rim
4) i think if you take it out the tire from the rim, you will see the rim size on the inside diameter of the rim

bmwcar said:
this part i can only explain in layman terms....
1) the back rim will have a bigger lip than the front rim before the spokes start
2) a 225 to 245 tire will fit reasonabily flush onto the rim
3) a 255 tires if put on a 8j rim will bulge over the rim
4) i think if you take it out the tire from the rim, you will see the rim size on the inside diameter of the rim

does it help if i say the rear wheels looks bigger then the front wheels?

eeerrrrrrrrrrrrr..... when we meet at kayu ara tonight....will show what i mean......

omegaoracle said:
Argggghh.... ultimate racun!! that is such a sick ride!!
i saw the review and pics of the 335ci but not the cab :(
did you test-drive the 330ci cab monsta ?

The E93 is not out yet. Should be go for MY2008 to be followed shortly by the 400bhp V8-engined M3 models (which is rumored to be availble in sedan, cab, coupe and maybe wagon form) :eek: The E93's folding hardtop will incorporate a panoramic (glass) roof option. The E93 is the reasons that the E92's tail seems a little disproportionately long. Jury's out how that extra weight and loss of rigidity will translate out on the streets/track....but I will report back as soon as I find out/score a test drive :p

omegaoracle said:
does it help if i say the rear wheels looks bigger then the front wheels?

Whatever helps you get to sleep at night....:D lol

KL2DC said:
Whatever helps you get to sleep at night....:D lol

KL2DC, i am pretty sure he will have many sleepless nights soon after he takes delivery of the ride...:). Omega, staggered rims will surely make your ride look sexier.

safri said:
KL2DC, i am pretty sure he will have many sleepless nights soon after he takes delivery of the ride...:). Omega, staggered rims will surely make your ride look sexier.

If they don't look staggered enough, slap on some 15mm-18mm spacers at the back and call it a day :D

Since when this became a racun session :rolleyes: ?

KL2DC, pls keep us posted on E93 yes..

A little update since last post on the UK Spec'd. The folks over at the dealership has been pushing me for a deposit, but i'm pushing back instead on goodies... they oso pening kepala oledi.. anyways, this the current outcome;

1. 6 months warranty
2. First Service I FOC. Brake pads/Discs
3. Projector headlights FOC
4. The rims pix below FOC wz Michelin Pilot Sports F/R staggered
5. Hardtop at RM12k (vs. 15k originally quoted)
6. Swap car with newer unit of 330Ci - mileage 9,117 miles (14.5k km)
7. Leather bucket seat, electronic with seat memory and adjustables
8. Full re-conditioning on interior and exterior
9. Move CD changer from previous car to new unit

All that at same price, but my last closing price i will only push thru upon final decision here. and of course, after GT1

Been numerous advice (which i appreciate very much) also during last night's e46 TT.. pros and cons, etc... but then again, the e46 M3 is still not yet within my reach, without stretching my wallet lah that is..

Also warned against this particular dealership.. has been on our blacklisted list for some of their practices.. but, what they hell, we know what to look out for now.. and i don't plan to loose out cause APs are starting to flow again.. so the piled up stock at Port Klang are begining to move into the market.. nice to be in a buyer's market..

Japan Spec'd nego target to start today.
Also saw another UK M Spec'd 330Ci cab advertised last night.. will be checking that out too... but pre-registered.. nice number tho..

till later....

Wowee looks like you got yourself a good deal there buddy... now i guess its just look and wait at what the japan spec dealer can offer... thats a good price you got there for the hardtop... i think last two pics of the rims are replica M6's i don't think those are original (does it matter though? you going to change it right? :p )

congrats on taking your time looking through your choices and holding out for goodies you will end up with a gem for sure.. lepas tu i tunjuk you the magazine to make your ciC lagi cun

Just don't forget you promise me a ride..

Omega,

Thought you are more keen on a 330 ci rather than 330cic with hardtop.....bit of a oxymoron that......

Top Bottom