Cheap Discount for Car Tinting

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Will78

Club Guest
These days, one can find an abundance of discounts from coupon websites offering car tinting packages for around RM320 to RM450.They even throw in the 10 years warranty and security film of 5mil for the sides. Heat rejection claim is ~68%.Hard to deny that the specs and the pricing is very convincing.But how would these new (and not so known) brands stand against the established V-Kool or Llumar?Any forum members with experience to share?I was told that the profit margin on these films are very high.

From what I know since I use Aircool for both my Waja and City it is not bad but the tint fade within 2-3 years. Although they do offer 5 years warranty and within that period you can change the whole tint on your car for free let's say after 3 years and change it again after 2 more years yet again for free. I did that so I know ;)

Quality wise, I'd say ok lah.

My friend bought one coupon from a website, he just tinted the car and feel better now. Not sure how long the tint can last long for.

it depends from what you looking for, if you want those 98-99% infrared rejection, then those does not comes so cheap

hky;654395 said:
it depends from what you looking for, if you want those 98-99% infrared rejection, then those does not comes so cheap

May I know tint is able to offer 98-99% infrared heat rejection?

V-Kool Elite, 3M Crystalline 70, not so branded also go but I doubt they will sell to you for a few hundred bucks

V-Kool, Llumar, Huper Optik are all owned by the same parent company and use similar technologies (V-Kool is silver based, Huper/Llumar are ceramic based). 3M is another ceramic tint while Rike Cool is a tin based tint. Almost all the rest are dye based tints. From what I know, at similar levels of heat rejection, dye based tints will always be darker so you lose some visibility at night. This is especially true in cars because the light is coming at an angle through the windscreen, not straight on.

My personal experience is with V-Kool, Wingard, Rike Cool and Solar Gard. V-Kool is the best, Rike Cool is simply not good enough for the amount I paid. Solar Gard is actually pretty good value for the price, it provides maybe 2/3 of the heat rejection of V-Kool for 1/3 of the price (~RM500-600 for a sedan)!

Have not tried the rest but I agree with some of the comments here, you need to go to a place that has good workmanship and has good after sales service.

Here's the thing

I've just paid RM 550 to tint my Wira with Agard tint (they said its the same as Aircool)
And I paid close to 2K for 3M crystaline.

How come the cheap tint is cooler than 3 M !!! ..

535i;654569 said:
Here's the thing

I've just paid RM 550 to tint my Wira with Agard tint (they said its the same as Aircool)
And I paid close to 2K for 3M crystaline.

How come the cheap tint is cooler than 3 M !!! ..

LOL... Wira air-cond better?

Will78;654571 said:
LOL... Wira air-cond better?

Vs E39 with direct fan ? Cannot be laaa
I meant - if i am stuck in mid-day jam - I can feel the heat from the windows (E39) - but in the Proton - it's just nice.

I have also installed another tint ( no brand name - just house brand) on my E90 .. Cool-as-ice ; no issue with Smart Tag somemore ..

Dunno lah .. sometime I think 3M is overrated.

hky;654613 said:
535i, which range of 3M did u get?

Crytaline .. To the extent - that i went to another 3M shop to check whether my tint is original 3M or not ..

535i;654769 said:
Crytaline .. To the extent - that i went to another 3M shop to check whether my tint is original 3M or not ..

This is really a bad review for 3M. :(

I expected so much better from 3M.

i had Solar Gard on my previous peugeot.ok lah.not too bad.considering i paid only about rm600.
Then i had Huper Optik Nanoceramic for my 320d,can feel the difference lah.dont really need to use sunglass inside the car already.
the feel good factor even better since whole car tinted for only RM1500 (this brand stand as good as vkool,llumar,3m) at the place i installed.
Few shops i enquired at first quoted me about RM2+++. So far very satisfied.

namidub;654897 said:
i had Solar Gard on my previous peugeot.ok lah.not too bad.considering i paid only about rm600.
Then i had Huper Optik Nanoceramic for my 320d,can feel the difference lah.dont really need to use sunglass inside the car already.
the feel good factor even better since whole car tinted for only RM1500 (this brand stand as good as vkool,llumar,3m) at the place i installed.
Few shops i enquired at first quoted me about RM2+++. So far very satisfied.

Bro, what's the name of shop and location?

The 'difference' you felt may just be the BMW original windscreen which I am told is able to reduce heat.

yes i think so.the window is pretinted from factory.but only a little percentage though. but definitely can feel the difference pre-HO tinted and bareglass when i first picked up the car.BTW i like the soft deep colour.
i did at CK tint auto,kinrara. one of the authorized distributor for Huper Optik

Top Bottom