Change to manual or service my original gearbox?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

polaris78

Club Guest
Dear sifus,Currently i'm driving e46 330i auto gearbox. I was thinking to convert to manual gearbox instead of service auto gearbox. If change to manual, is it a lot different compare btw 6speed & 5speed? If 6speed gb, should I go for e36 m3 or e46 m3? I know it's very rare in the market. If 5speed gb, which type should I look for?Hope u guys can advice me.Thanks in advance. :motz:

Go for manual conversion .........

5 speed is sweat and 6 speed is marvelous........

Just get a complete set .....

For 5 speed.... Can use 328 or 330 sets....

6 speed u can get a 330 6 speed spec but its kinda rare or from e46 m3 spec ....

Good luck ....

I was thinking and still contemplating to do a manual conversion for my 330i as well. Check with Optimum and was quoted RM14k plus as Jason said that I ned to change the rear differential as well...do keep us updated on your plan bro..:)

advocates, 14k for 6 speed or 5 speed? very hard to get 6 speed manual, wondering whether e36 m3 can fit in our 330i?

IIHO, two options:

1. get a used auto gb instead of servicing/overhauling existing one.
2. if opt for manual conversion, go straight to 6sp manual.

Anyhow, if you still prefer 5sp, let me know I'm kind of kena racun to put in the 6sp so MWTS my 5sp gb set. All no thanks to ramsing :p

seewai;718443 said:
IIHO, two options:

1. get a used auto gb instead of servicing/overhauling existing one.
2. if opt for manual conversion, go straight to 6sp manual.

Anyhow, if you still prefer 5sp, let me know I'm kind of kena racun to put in the 6sp so MWTS my 5sp gb set. All no thanks to ramsing :p

Bro,

Your is a Getrag? can fit into a M43?

Prinze;718446 said:
Bro,

Your is a Getrag? can fit into a M43?

It's getrag but you need many other stuffs for your M43 bro. Long shaft & rear diff for E46 Ci among others.

it's really your preference. if u want auto, then no two ways about it. better to overhaul the box than find a used one. If you can live with a manual, then you will have fun with the car, although a clutch now comes into play.

yes u can have 5 or 6 speed. as brother seewai mentioned, 6 speed is always nicer. hahaha. racun racun. i might have two sets, will soon know. i had one, but i racun'd myself. hahaha. very hard to drive 5 speed when u're having a turbo :D

ramsing;718507 said:
it's really your preference. if u want auto, then no two ways about it. better to overhaul the box than find a used one. If you can live with a manual, then you will have fun with the car, although a clutch now comes into play.

yes u can have 5 or 6 speed. as brother seewai mentioned, 6 speed is always nicer. hahaha. racun racun. i might have two sets, will soon know. i had one, but i racun'd myself. hahaha. very hard to drive 5 speed when u're having a turbo :D

Bro. i know racunning diri sendiri always the best....i also want to test drive one of 6 speeders to experience the excitement...

JFT63;718510 said:
Bro. i know racunning diri sendiri always the best....i also want to test drive one of 6 speeders to experience the excitement...

my advice better not la...coz once u test drive, ur car wont be the same again. ask haywire, after test driving the v8 6 speed, i think he cannot sleep peacefully now. hahaha.

ramsing;718507 said:

don't forget about me too :)

seewai;718517 said:
totally agree!

when la u're car will have this....plus u got R gear for racing also!!! :D

interior_bmw_shift_knob_black_leather_weighted_anatomic_shorty_zhp_shiftknob_25117896031_25117896886_sm.jpg

fariz.hashim;718519 said:
don't forget about me too :)

dont worry bro....its coming soon. hehe

ramsing;718512 said:
my advice better not la...coz once u test drive, ur car wont be the same again. ask haywire, after test driving the v8 6 speed, i think he cannot sleep peacefully now. hahaha.

He might experience 'mati pucuk' on his 530 after the test drive.....cabutssssssssss

tired on my manual box already ... too hard to handle my ride ....it's just getting loose all the way ....

ICEMAN 13;718661 said:
tired on my manual box already ... too hard to handle my ride ....it's just getting loose all the way ....

I've got an autobox lying down if you have second thoughts....hahaha... :p

I never thought this will happen to me, but it has. My E46 328 is giving autobox problems. And I am faced with two choices. Change to manual, or rebuild. Manual will definitely be great, auto more convenient. Any ideas where in KL I can get this done and how much it would cost? Appreciate the input

bxnut;781913 said:
I never thought this will happen to me, but it has. My E46 328 is giving autobox problems. And I am faced with two choices. Change to manual, or rebuild. Manual will definitely be great, auto more convenient. Any ideas where in KL I can get this done and how much it would cost? Appreciate the input

If you r looking for 2nd gearbox, u can go to JKS TRANSMISSION jalan dutamas cheras near columbia asia hospital balakong....they do sell e46 gearbox

thanks Fahmi, Ah Wai is getting one for me. I'm going for the 5 speed manual. Cant wait to drive it.

Top Bottom