Change Original Rim

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Wan_79

Hello BMW expert,
Would like to get advise the implication if change the original 18" rim to 20" rim.we should take in consideration

Any experience good @ bad are most welcome

no personal experience but a u/s forummer did chg to 20" from 18" on an e60.he experience vibration from day 1.did balancing 5 times i think.finally he put back the ori rim...vibration gone.maybe the quality of the 20' rim no good i donno.but me thinks if you were to get quality rims like bbs and the likes plus good tyres,you shud be ok.

Thanks moots for ur comment..yup,that 1 point that I worry..that's y am very careful for this time...
Anyone else had experience change ori RFT to NRFT...how do u guys handle for spare tyre when use NRFT..sorry for such a stupid question as am new...hehe

I'm thinking of doing the same for a 528 F10, please share the experience if you have changed to the 20" yet, thank you

I did change my tyre from 17's to 19's. Front 245/40 and back 275/35. Firstly you can't rotate the tyre, secondly the rear wheel tyre seems to wear off fast. 275/35 rear wheel tyre somore more expensive. 20's? Good luck brother, knowing our road all bumpy and plenty of pot holes.

Top Bottom