RIM : Original vs Europe vs Taiwan

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
deep3102;548966 said:
I think 5 - 8 years for replica's is more than good already..

i think i will not drive fast also, normal speed also 110km/h, sometime only go up to 180km/h only

sewell;548960 said:
do you think taiwan replica is reliable ? lets say the lifespent is about 5-8 year

Don't know. But won't you get bored of it after say..a year? :p

If you want to minimise wheel failure, stay original.

It all depends on what kind of road u travel at what kind of speed, it takes time and a fair bit of luck, or should I say unlucky to find out replicas fail a lot faster than original . If u think replica rims quality are as good as original, then all I can say is wish u good luck.

I have got friend that fix his replicas once every quarter, btw he stays in Klang. I frequent pushing the limit of the car, so best stay away from replicas.. :p

In fact I must admit Taiwanese rims has improved a lot.

astroboy;549041 said:
If you want to minimise wheel failure, stay original.

It all depends on what kind of road u travel at what kind of speed, it takes time and a fair bit of luck, or should I say unlucky to find out replicas fail a lot faster than original . If u think replica rims quality are as good as original, then all I can say is wish u good luck.

I have got friend that fix his replicas once every quarter, btw he stays in Klang. I frequent pushing the limit of the car, so best stay away from replicas.. :p

In fact I must admit Taiwanese rims has improved a lot.

i do use replica rim b4 for my ford telstar 2.0 V6 and current Kelisa. i got no issue at all. previous and now i use to have profile 60 and kelisa profile 55. so i think it should be find, but now for my E39 need to use profile 40. thats why i worry

I have friends running 18" in 255 tyres and 19" in 265 tyres, replicas too in their E90.. so far no issue, for years.. :D :D

More often than not, replicas are of a lower quality than OE wheels. Simply because 'replica wheels' are manufactured by many different manufacturers and you can't be sure of their standards and quality control.

But whether the difference in quality is significantly better for OE, everybody is just speculating and going by common sense/hearsay/experience. If you slam into a curb using OE wheels, it will also be damaged badly (friend's BMW OE wheels - 30-ish mph, ice)

Profile 40 isn't too extreme. I guess whichever route you go - OE or rep - you will still be dodging potholes like STD :D
After all, if we don't care about our bimmers, we won't be here in the first place :p

Top Bottom