Ceramic Coating

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

F10 CREW

Clueless Newbie
I have read the reviews from other ceramic coating companies, need to ask...Has anyone tried ceramic coating from :

Ceramic Pro Malaysia
Address : No.71, Jalan PJS 11/7, Bandar Sunway, 46150, Selangor, Malaysia
Web : www.ceramicpro.com.my
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ceramicpromy

I am looking for a reliable shop to do a coating on my car. Anyone has good experience to share?

Yours Faithfully (YF) said:
I have read the reviews from other ceramic coating companies, need to ask...Has anyone tried ceramic coating from :

Ceramic Pro Malaysia
Address : No.71, Jalan PJS 11/7, Bandar Sunway, 46150, Selangor, Malaysia
Web : www.ceramicpro.com.my
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ceramicpromy

I am looking for a reliable shop to do a coating on my car. Anyone has good experience to share?
Hj. YF, if I may ask what made you choose Ceramic Pro and what do u think about this product as compared to Opti-Coat? I'm also looking for the best coating product for my black car...especially to protect against scratches and stone chips

Dear Silverbullet,

I am not a haji. Just a typical Chinese guy. I am interested in Ceramic Pro after a friend introduced to me over this forum but he has not tried it yet himself. That's why I am asking for opinions of users from this website. Let's hope we get a reply from the more experience owners here.

In the meantime, do you mind if I forward you the reply I got from them?

I had booked to do ceramic pro coating but since the dealer did a complimentary single coat silicon layer when I took delivery of the car, I'll hold off ceramic coating till 3 months later. Google some reviews on them and they seemed to be pretty good though it's mostly in OZ

I've done opti coat on my a6 before. Not too pleased with the water spots retention marks after a downpour if left to dry. For the price paid, I don't think it's worth the value

Value for money wise, I think pps Teflon is tops. Cheapest with some minimal annual maintenance (which is more practical than so called lifetime warranty peddled by these guys to justify the premium charged cos most times, beading significantly reduces after 3 months with most coating products used so far)

I also kinda looking a coating for my car, right now I found a few company (brands) that offered coating services, but still didn't know how good they are...

1. CeramicPro
2. GTechniq
3. G Guard
4. ThreeBond

Has anyone done coating with any of the company? How satisfied u are?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just coated by car with Ceramic Pro. Will post pictures later as I am busy in Bangkok till end of the week. Cheers!

I just coated by car with Ceramic Pro. Will post pictures later as I am busy in Bangkok till end of the week. Cheers!
which package u opt bro? how many layers?...

booked a slot for CeramicPro, but still didn't pay the deposit (afraid that found out better coating....)

Dear Alien,

I took the Silver Package with 3 layer coating that comes with a 5 years warranty.

Dear Alien,

I took the Silver Package with 3 layer coating that comes with a 5 years warranty.
i booked the same package, but the slot end of February....

mind to share how much u paid and what u get (any special extra?)

I paid rm2199 for silver package and additional rm 398 or 498 (can't remember) for interior coating.

Car is silky smooth and hydrophobic after collection! Workmanship is good. Now monitoring to see if it will last 5 years! Darren from the shop is helpful as well.

Sorry cannot say more as going to zzz. Will post more tomorrow .

I paid rm2199 for silver package and additional rm 398 or 498 (can't remember) for interior coating.

Car is silky smooth and hydrophobic after collection! Workmanship is good. Now monitoring to see if it will last 5 years! Darren from the shop is helpful as well.

Sorry cannot say more as going to zzz. Will post more tomorrow .
Hello YF,

So far how is the coating effect? satisfied? any photos to share? :67:

Hi Luke Skywalker ,

Coating so far is good. Still relatively new. Water immediately turn to individual beads upon touching the surface. After driving in rain, any marks are easily removed. Maid says car now easier to wash. Less effort needed to remove any spots on my Alpine White.

When dry, car feels slippery or silky to the touch. Interior coating nothing much to shout about. Now in Dubai. Sorry guys.... no time to post pictures.

If interested.... call Darren at ceramic pro. Nice and friendly guy. Tell him Danny with the 520d alpine white from the BMW FORUM. He should remember.

so heartbreak every time see my Alpine White car getting "black tears" after the rain... Really can't wait for my booking date (1 month to go)

Share some photo of your ride after the coating, or maybe the link for your car photo in CeramicPro Facebook (if they post it)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alienfighter said:
so heartbreak every time see my Alpine White car getting "black tears" after the rain... Really can't wait for my booking date (1 month to go)

Share some photo of your ride after the coating, or maybe the link for your car photo in CeramicPro Facebook (if they post it)

wah! have to wait long que? thinking to do this just before chinese new year, maybe it is not possible already....jialat

Very long queue, I booked since early this month. (That mean that company have really good reputation and recommendation from others)

I saw they do 2 cars daily (based from Facebook posting)

Did my coating with CeramicPro last Tuesday, and below are the result after 3 layers of coating (Silver Package)

3f074f5b3ab6b04d5c8d70e727bdab08.jpg

So far, I still can't see the perfect circle of water beading as per advertise (Benjamin said, wait at least after 3 days) but if I do manage to get it, I will share some macro photo.

Bro Yours Faithfully (YF), how bout your 5series?... Share some photo/result

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Car looks awesome, congrats alienfighter.

Could you share how much was the total cost?

I'm contemplating if coatings will amount to almost rm3k, with some top up would it be better to repaint the car or sticker wrap the whole car instead.

alienfighter
sweet shinny ride bro. Another day another drive! As for the photos, will post it soon. Have misplaced the photos. Sorry ya!

Silverbullet
I was in the same dilemma as you. Why spent money on coating when you can save it for a repaint, plastic dip or even plastic wrap? I decided to do the ceramic pro coating after I notice tar spots appearing near te wheel arches. It was also difficult to remove via car wash. Clay bar needed. Mine is an Alpine White, the tar spots even more noticeable.

Ceramic pro gave assurance that tar n bird dropping will not stick making it easier to maintain the car. Also, the glass coating is to maintain the original paint and provide the gloss. I like my ride to be shinny . After coating, it's true that it's easier to wash off all the dirts. Just spray water and the bird droppings floats away with the water.

Summary is this, watch their video. It's very informative. One thing the video don't tell you is this, the ceramic coating does not protect your paint from stone chips. For stone chip protection, clear plastic wrap is certainly the way to go but this is very expensive.

I took ceramic pro because I wanted the easy maintenance feature while getting some degree of protection.The choice is yours. Another day, another drive.

Top Bottom