car painting, minor upgrades...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

noobie

Club Guest
1. sending my car to soo seng(batu caves) to respray the whole car. mine is white(base). I asked him if BMW has any pearl white and he told me the new 7 series comes in pearl white. So, i'm going for the pearl white.then he recommended me glasurit scratch resistant lacquer(latest code, 925-2003 http://techinfo.glasurit.com/techinfo/en_UK/TechnicalInformationSheets/PKW/PDF/925-2002.pdf ). I agreed, but it's kinda expensive, 6k and it takes about 12days to respray the whole car.2. Wrapping the interior with 3m "carbon fiber" plastic sticker - RM800!! @ redzone sunway3. Install M5 side grill (together during the respray) -RM500 (chrome)4. Add-on Hamann front lip (forgot to ask for price)5. Change the exhaust tip to straight (shouldn't be that expensive right?)6. Change the angle eyes from yellow to white - RM500/RM900 (taiwan/piaa)Can I get advices from sifus here is the above price is reasonable? thank you.noobie.

oh, forgot to add, i had emailed to BMW and also called one of the service centres, enquiring about the powerkit upgrade for 520d. sadly no answers. if it's do-able, i'll include the powerkit upgrade together. gee... BMW. do they actually read emails? i know honda does...

6K for paint? Wow, haha. I had mine painted white for RM4K and I thought that was costly. Actually the paint job for mine is so so only, not really that kind of standard I expect despite paying RM4K for normal Crystal white color. Btw for item (6), do you mean to change the xenon low/high beam or the rings or whole set to white? Actually I wanted to get mine change to white too.

the alphine white costs about 3k(external only). but i went for the pearl white(extra 1k) + ultra scratch resistant coating(another 2k). Warranty 2 yrs. Base, paint & lacquer from glasurit, so ended up 6k. need about 2 weeks to do the job. felt a bit comfortable cos i saw a few BMWs(5 series and 6 series) there being stripped down. the staffs are rather meticulous in prepping up the car for spraying.

the rings LED to white. currently orang colour. taiwan version is RM400-500. Japan PIAA is 900+. the whole ring will be white. i think thule did that... cos from his avatar, it's showing white.

I think you get a better deal on the paintwork :) The car dealer charged me RM4K for painting and it's nothing superb also. Some parts are probably over sprayed and it's noticeable by me (I'm quite particular when it comes to cars). Hence I believe RM6K for all those things you're getting should be a good deal. What's the difference between Taiwan and Japan PIAA? The color brightness? It's for both rings right? They call it "Angel Eye marker" and I've been wanting to get mine changed to white also. Is yours LCI? I hope it's the same price.

yes, mine is yr 2009 dec. yeah, angel eye marker. perhaps quality? the taiwan version, give 3mths warranty and japan PIAA gives 1yr warranty. according to the sales guy, PIAA is slightly brighter. my car is still under warranty, i'm not sure if i change the led bulb will void the warranty. sales man said no, since plug and play. if i'm going to change the marker, probably i'll get the piaa version.

I think changing marker would be alright because as long as you keep your original, you can always swap back if anything happens :) Besides, I don't think that LED will kill anything, haha. Maybe you can ask him to test out for you before you decide which to get?

i think so too. my only concern is the 3m "carbon fiber" sticker. they have to take out the panels(8 pcs). kinda worried after the installation, the interior will have "cricket" sound. but the carbon fiber sticker looks damm good.

Where are you putting those stickers? I thought you can apply onto it without having to remove anything? I notice my windows start to squeak after I did the tint and now I need to find a remedy for it. One member suggested silicon spray (which I've used on my Accord last time). If you're sending your car for spray paint, they will remove everything anyway. So far mine is normal standard and nothing is broken so I think your professional shop should be alright :)

for the 3m sticker, they have to remove the panels. else can see the edges(sticker)

noobie;652105 said:
sure... 2 weeks time :) sending the car for respraying tomorrow.

Do feedback on the workmanship once you are done... If it is really good... I'm also interested to get some paint job fixed :)

ive been informed that they are the panel for ingress. the owner has another workshop specifically for BMW cars... will post some photos when the car is ready.

noobie;652107 said:
ive been informed that they are the panel for ingress. the owner has another workshop specifically for BMW cars... will post some photos when the car is ready.

The owner is called Onn. he handles continental cars 10 years ago, porsches, bmws, mercs. An experienced player in town, pricey due to his workmanship. He handles paint jobs for my cars.

got the address in one of the forum threads...

Soo Seng Car Care
NO15,JLN TIB 1/3,TAMAN INDUSTRI BOLTON,
68100,BATU CAVES,SELANGOR
Service Advisor:MR Koe Chin Aun 019 2420684/012 3046633

yup, it's possible to do together...

anyone wants to do the 3m carbin sticker as well? hope to get a better price :)

btw, it will be 2 weeks cos sending my car for respraying.

I will leave the wood trim alone for now until i got myself a msport bodykit and a set of 18" rims, anyway i think u can get a better price for the cf sticker.

Top Bottom