Car jerk abnormally when releasing the gas pedal

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

mika

Club Guest
Hi,Was driving my E39 525 on the highway one day and was cruising about 190km/h. Then when i'm releasing the gas pedal to let it naturally slow down, the car seems to jerk abnormally when it reaches about 120km/h. After that i did not drive that fast anymore and just cruise about 130-140/kmh and the jerking did not came back.I am wondering what could be the cause of that jerk?

From your scanner, the error indicated cylinder no 6 is mis-firing. Suspect ignition coil is bad. Suggest you replace all the 6 ignition coils.

On the other hand,i suggest you replace the faulty ones first.

Keep changing one by one as necessary is the most sensible way,pennywise..

Cheers.

I once replaced coil no.2, the next day, coil no.4 complained, workshop she goes again, few days later, another coil was gone....
Pennywise, replace 1 by 1, at the cost of workshop time.
To save time, replace all in one go, keep the diagnosed as good ones as spares for the emergency use.
Short pain better than long pain :4:

i have changed all ignite coil and spark plugs recently. wonder if the workshop have shortchanged me? how can i check ?

mika;729651 said:
i have changed all ignite coil and spark plugs recently. wonder if the workshop have shortchanged me? how can i check ?

Well, you can start by posting here how much you were charged for.

bimmerholic;729901 said:
Well, you can start by posting here how much you were charged for.

I bought the coils and plugs myself from BA. each coils cost me Rm100. So 6 = Rm600.
A set of 6 Plugs cost me Rm120. Can't remember the brand though.

mika;730173 said:
I bought the coils and plugs myself from BA. each coils cost me Rm100. So 6 = Rm600.

Well, scanner don't lie and the readings from scanner indicated cylinder 6 mis-fired. New parts could also be defective. Suggest you return to workshop and seek advice from your mechanic.

Alamak.. Take out the spark plugs and see lah. Back to basic.! Then you can confirm the burn out. If the coil if faulty, then it will show wet tip. If it is dry.. Then look at your injector.

Scanner tells you no.6 is misfiring by looking at ur oxy sensor spikes reading against your timing. All it can say is "something wrong in no.6"

mika;730173 said:
i got same price for ignition coils. rm100/pc is for bremi. bosch will cost about rm80/pc at BA. the ignition coils sold without the rubber suppressor since the old one can still beused. new suppressor will cost rm15/pc.

Herbert;730180 said:
Well, scanner don't lie and the readings from scanner indicated cylinder 6 mis-fired. New parts could also be defective. Suggest you return to workshop and seek advice from your mechanic.
yup scanner won't lie. but scanner does not pin point the root of the error. it's best to start with cheapest solution then gradually move to next more expensive options.

Top Bottom