Car cover

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Jipster

Club Guest
Due to continuing cat related problems, I am looking at purchasing a good quality car cover for my new-ly painted UDM :)For info, my cats lepak on the car if it is parked inside and they leave paw marks, stains(!) and scratches (lots!).... they are probably doing it right now as we speak *&^%$#@Would like any info on car covers in general and would like to hear from members who have tried them. A recommenation on a particular brand and where i get the same would be appreciated.Thanks guys.

Hi jipster,
I use fabric cover (buy material & have it tailored) RM150 and then cover another layer cheap vinly cover from brothers RM20 for XXL size.

Used the Vinly(pvc) cover by it self but alot of scratches due to sand and dust trapped under it. So resort to cover with washable fabric & outer layered with the vinly sheet after new paint job.

Good Luck. JBk

yo jip!

how's the new paint job? kekekke i'm planning to do mine soon ... looking for shop and comparing prices.

my advice ... i'm not animal person so hehe lose the cats :) (no offense)

Easy Jippy, get rid of the cats.... :D :D

Or else get the car covers like what e21jbk is doing. But you have gotta be careful and keep the cover clean or else the dust / sand can scratch your bodywork. Happened to me with my ex-Babe.... :(

I experimented making myself a febric type from the soft kaki type (white somemore) material for my Austin and done well myself follow the sample from shop I had with grips at front and back so don't fly off. lasted for some time. like to experiment myself so can do my other cars which often goes out. Not to do business lah. the normal plastic don't last even under shade but for protection ok lah, if good paint done better use fabric but must be clean.

E21jbk, Rezzy... thats a thot isnt it? I did start using an old bed sheet ....cotton, really soft due to wear and does not run.... but looks really weird and rain makes it kinda not so nice.... also dont know what long term effects to pain left in hot sun day in day out ....

Ludavic dude!.... i went with tyke's contact.... pretty affordable for me.... I wasnt looking for a super duper paint job but I must say ah chuan did a pretty good job by all accounts... getting rid of cats not an option, will be vetoed by the 2 and 9 year old members of the jipster parliament.... must find other way...

Flash dude!! Long time no c.... hows little emperor? yeah scratches from the thing that is supposed to protect it would be even more depressing :yes: .... we have to get together soon dude!

Has anybody got any actual experience with a car cover bought from an accessory shop or hardware store please let me know.... my swedish tank is next to be repainted so I got investments to protect!

Originally posted by Jipster@Feb 13 2006, 05:03 PM
Has anybody got any actual experience with a car cover bought from an accessory shop or hardware store please let me know.... my swedish tank is next to be repainted so I got investments to protect!
Yeah, I did.... purchased an el cheapo one as an emergency cover to protect the paintwork from the damaging effects of the Kemaman "dust". :rolleyes:

It worked for a few days. But thereafter, the cover itself got dirty with the dust and it created some scratch marks of its own. Sigh. The trick is not to pull the cover over the bodywork, which is almost impossible. Oh, and the damn thing tears easily, becos it is made from very thin material.

Saw a car cover at Eunos, 1 utama, as I too am repainting my car. Imagine my suprise as the cover has a warning : Do not use on cars which have been repainted within the last 12 months.

celaka. back to square 1.

If you are going the DIY route, make sure that the material is the breathable type and that the outer layer is dense enough to protect paintwork from cat claws, while the layer underneath is soft enough that it does not abrade against the paintwork - note that the thread that u stitch the cover with may also scratch the paintwork.

Alternatively, do not wax/polish your car. Cats will generally bring their claws out when they start slipping on the sloping surfaces, or especially when they panic. So don't chase them either.

No offence taken...... anyways, the dog would probably lepak on the hood as well :)

I guess I'll just have to live with this.

I bought the BMW OEM NOAH car cover from e-bay and saved about USD$100.00! Part Item #: 82 11 399 144. Should be perfect fit.

I'm not sure how much the price in Malaysia.

Why don't you guys try it?

Dude .... thanks for info ..... BMW OEM probably too expensive and probably not stocked by the local guys here .... but if anyone knows otherwise please do let me know..... my butt is all puckered up in anticipation :)

yes, BMW original car cover is RM 700. Can be ordered from Auto Bavaria (from Germany) for E36.

For 5 and above, I believe it's much more expensive.

Top Bottom