Car can't start

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

z///

Club Guest
Hello,Anybody familiar with this problem. It was fine the other day but today I can't start the carThe dash light up, Radio works & it cranks slowly but it just won't start.I suspect it's the battery- In there since 2004.But any ideas- I check the fuel pump fuse- OK, Battery terminal seems OK.Car has 60k miles. Z

Dont be surprise as the original battery can last u for 7 years.

If the case is battery, u can not crank the engine at all.

bmw7833,
Hmm. Overflow petrol?interesting. BTW about your problem. When you try to crank the engine- Is it slow crank? Luckily for me this happens in the garage & not left stranded on the highway.

Mine right now- It cranks very slow like 2-3 times- then it wont go on. The radio is on & dashboard light is on. *edit- not to forget- i did hear some clicking sound- but not sure where.

I suspect it might be a weak battery or fuel pump*not too sure*

I will let you know the outcome next week. Just too busy this week. Lets hope for a cheap fix like yours.

Crymson,

Yes battery since 2004 (maintenance free)- It's all good last week & it starts well last 2 days. But today no start. Pening kepala. The Bimmer is my daily car & now I have to use the sport car which is the garage queen/weekend car for me.

z///;540166 said:
bmw7833,
Hmm. Overflow petrol?interesting. BTW about your problem. When you try to crank the engine- Is it slow crank? Luckily for me this happens in the garage & not left stranded on the highway.

I can crank the engine as usual, i meant the cranking sound just normal but the car keep failing to start on.

bmw7833;540168 said:
I can crank the engine as usual, i meant the cranking sound just normal but the car keep failing to start on.

Ok..So now I guess- My case is the weak battery. Maybe not enough to power up the car.

Which I hope is the case...

Thanks for the info.

Z

Top Bottom