Can the 325 Sports play DVD?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bmwjunkie

Club Guest
HI guysSA from AB says no, it's only for the sat nav. But SA from Sapura Auto says yes, can play DVD, which is true?? :confused: Cheers

If CA is so adamant, I say just let said CA demo this function. If said function does not work, I say ask for free gift :p

CAs are so funny lol

Its been tried and tested, movie DVDs do not play and can actually get stuck in there. Its not mainly the hardware, theoretically it should be able to play, its the software.

There are modules you can add to enable DVD play via an add-on DVD player or other AV source.

That's so sad. We're all hoping that SA can give AB a run for their money, but not if their sales people are going to act like used car salesmen. :( Remember too the 'pariah' incident of a few months back...

No car manufacturer would put DVD players in the dash as OE. It runs contrary to basic safety principles. Only the yanks might do something like that, right KL2DC? :D

Schwepps, video/tv within driver's view and operational on the go, is a big no-no in the US. The US is very conservative on safety matters. On some cars that are able to play video on their dash mounted navi screens (some Acuras, Lexii etc), law dictates certain conditions like parking brake on and transmission on P before the video can be played.

You can blame the lawsuit happy US market for those annoying nanny/lawyer screens on many factory navi units.

In some markets, an add-on tv tuner module is available for i-drive cars.

thanks guys, would be nice if it could though, keep the long drives and passengers quiet for awhile

bmwjunkie;210530 said:
thanks guys, would be nice if it could though, keep the long drives and passengers quiet for awhile

Forget an RES, sleeping pills are cheaper :D

pills2optiSmall.jpg

I knew only the yanks would want a TV in the dash! :D There's no harm in installing one for the rear seat passengers on the seat backs or the roof liner, and there are several aftermarket options available these days. But even in the rear, I think it makes the car look like a school-run MPV. :p

Have not tried playing a DVD in my car yet, but I was also told by AB that it does not support movie DVD's. Any idea if the add-on TV & DVD modules are available in Malaysia?

Top Bottom