Can smell Wiper washer and outside environment inside the car

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

vester

During servicing, My wiper washer fluid is filled by the agent which they normally use some sort of washer fluid.
I just wonder during when I used the wiper washer, I can smell the chemical inside the car (like soap taste) Do you guys experience this?

One more thing is that during when you passed by rubbish dumping area or any burning area, which you on the air con, I can smell it while when comparing Audi, I can't smell any. Do you guys experience this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi bro,

Most probably your AC is not on circulation mode, outside / fresh air is being used instead of cabin air. It could also be on auto mode where it would cycle the air automatically.

valvetronix said:
Hi bro,

Most probably your AC is not on circulation mode, outside / fresh air is being used instead of cabin air. It could also be on auto mode where it would cycle the air automatically.
Hi bro, thanks for your advise. I figured out and tested if I'm in manual mode, then it was ok!! No odor smell when driving.. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is quite normal. Commercially available windscreen washer fluid contains ethanol, isopropanol or ethylene glycol as anti-freeze which gives off harmless sweet-smelling fumes. The aircon intake is right below the windscreen so whenever you wash the screen some of the fumes may get into the cabin.

Turning the air-con circulation button to recirc will somewhat reduce this but it does not completely shut off from outside air coming as a safety measure. That is the reason why you will still get some of the odor in the cabin despite putting the aircon on recirc.

Sometimes, the incomplete seating of the flap valve may cause some external air to come in.

Top Bottom