camshaft

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bmer88

Club Guest
Hi everyone,I am new at this forum, been reading it for a while and this my 1st posting. I want to find out from the sifus here about the CAMSHAFT CONTROL UNIT for e46 318i. Recently EML light came on and mechanic diagnosed it and recommend the CCU to be replaced. Anyone have experience on this matter?Thanks in advance!

im having the same problem as well. now my car is a showroom car in the mechanic shop... i dont know what to do. the mechanic and i tried everything but it still not solved... now he is asking me to change the dme or eml...

get a second opinion. if it concurs, then they are more likely to be right. so long as they are familiar with those 4 pots.

damn teruk guys.... i tried to change all parts... mass air flow, check connection cables, throttle body, eml and dme circuit board but still cannot solve it... but all the stuff i "tried" changing are second hand stuff and return it if the symptoms still persists. perhaps ill have to surrender to auto bavaria.

the error codes ar...

1)all camshafts sensor fail
2) camshaft inlet fail
3)camshaft exhaust fail

the car is still moveable but it could die off anytime during a journey...if there is a steep slope the car will definately die off.

damn teruk guys.... i tried to change all parts... mass air flow, check connection cables, throttle body, eml and dme circuit board but still cannot solve it... but all the stuff i "tried" changing are second hand stuff and return it if the symptoms still persists. perhaps ill have to surrender to auto bavaria.

the error codes ar...

1)all camshafts sensor fail
2) camshaft inlet fail
3)camshaft exhaust fail

the car is still moveable but it could die off anytime during a journey...if there is a steep slope the car will definately die off.

I have a serious problem with my 318i and after 8 weeks and 4 workshops including THE "official BMW workshop" couldnt solve d problem. I recommend u try this workshop - he has the BMW computer and he's good. If u want his contact email me at qawah777@tahoo.com

Top Bottom