..camera inside vehicle..

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Ecc0

Associate Member
..after last gathering i was attending(Elephant sanctuary ride), i saw some folks uploaded video feeds (you tube), with rather good picture/sound quality...camera was not kept in hand but fixed on dashboard as i could tell..Im really interested to know what camera was that, and is it fixed on to some kind of custom made holder or it came with some sort of universal hardware for keeping camera fixed at any surface..Im asking because I would like to buy camera with such features, in order to fix it inside my car so i can made some shots myself..

Starting from Rm1k plus I think..go search at lelong or ebay..

Hi All,

I would like to sell this kind of dashboard camera and I would like to get some feedback before I am going to start to sell it here or in Malaysia.
Some sort of market survey and get some opinion about this devices. Below i show the video output from the respective product:

[video=youtube;SNZXmQNOlcs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNZXmQNOlcs[/video]

image004gg.jpg

image003inu.jpg

Please give your honest opinion, advice, questions & critics, if someone interested let me know too. Im going to get the sample soon for my own use and getting familiar with it.

BR/

I just use my phone.. since the camera is pretty badass (nokia N8), no need to invest few hundreds.

But really, in M'sia.. we need more than just one.. need 4 in total to cover the front, both sides as well as the rear.

Had a motorcycle cut me off & end up scratching the side of my car but no video to provide evidence so have to bear the repair myself... well, they are above the law anyways :stupid:

calling for Dark 123....he bought this for only 300++...during pc fair....

My current one rm 300 at pcfair ,do hardware compression not software based thus better resolution.
Continuous recording and will erase older one so no fuss on hd mode 16 gb can go around 4 hour plus .

There is cheapo one you can get at mudah at rm 1xx but result not that great and the infra led is useless . Go pro is good but start from 1k and the upcoming Sony version silo etching to look for but these are not continuous DVR . And not something that u leave it in car at all time like mine.

dark1234;768988 said:
My current one rm 300 at pcfair ,do hardware compression not software based thus better resolution.
Continuous recording and will erase older one so no fuss on hd mode 16 gb can go around 4 hour plus .

There is cheapo one you can get at mudah at rm 1xx but result not that great and the infra led is useless . Go pro is good but start from 1k and the upcoming Sony version silo etching to look for but these are not continuous DVR . And not something that u leave it in car at all time like mine.

Hi dark,

Do you mind to share any videos you taken?. How about the quality?.
The VICO product that I want to sell a bit pricey, around Rm700-Rm800..
Any comment about the specification,price and quality wise?. :),

BR/

dark1234,

Resolution is very good...what's the brand and where can I get similar one?

Hi dark1234,

Just saw your video, thank you for the video.
I saw gopro price already 1K plus, which cant compare with my VICO.:p

Guys,
But I think the image quality is about the same with gopro. Correct me if im wrong. this my two cent only. :D
Actually I like the sharpness and details of the image quality of VICO, this video showing record in night situation and dark tinted car.

[video=youtube;BQMohLJ1Elo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQMohLJ1Elo[/video]

I need to get the feedback as much as I can and do some homework. :)

BR/

I love the wide lens of gopro

azmi318;769110 said:
Hi dark1234,

Just saw your video, thank you for the video.
I saw gopro price already 1K plus, which cant compare with my VICO.:p

Guys,
But I think the image quality is about the same with gopro. Correct me if im wrong. this my two cent only. :D
Actually I like the sharpness and details of the image quality of VICO, this video showing record in night situation and dark tinted car.

[video=youtube;BQMohLJ1Elo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQMohLJ1Elo[/video]

I need to get the feedback as much as I can and do some homework. :)

BR/

herbert , viewrec. RM 290 at pcfair.

azmi , gopro and recently release contour is diffrent category, both this specality is SHOCK proof technology which can withstand few G of impact and vibration and come with battery to last few hour . the viewrec like mine is for car DVR purpose. but if too expensive i go with gopro or contour already.
but thats just me lar, good luck in your sales. maybe we all endup with one in our car from you ;)

dark1234;769121 said:
herbert , viewrec. RM 290 at pcfair.

azmi , gopro and recently release contour is diffrent category, both this specality is SHOCK proof technology which can withstand few G of impact and vibration and come with battery to last few hour . the viewrec like mine is for car DVR purpose. but if too expensive i go with gopro or contour already.
but thats just me lar, good luck in your sales. maybe we all endup with one in our car from you ;)

dark1234,

Thanks. :)
Im going to get the VICO DS2 sample device first, they will send the device to me in a weeks, then I'll explore and show it here.
Hmm, mine got G-sensor triggered too. :p also i think most gopro user using it for sport purposeses isnt it?.
If we just want to use it as normal use, better use so-so dashboard camera like VICO, what you think?.

Here some feature that might interested us:
1080p @ 30fps / 720p @ 60fps
H.264 compression. AVI format
2.4” LCD monitor
120° F2.0 Lens
High Temp. Proof
Auto record after boot up
RTC time last for 20 days
Image Inverse
Emergency Record - this feature quite interesting.
Built-in G-Sensor
Vico-Tag
Seamless record

anaksarawak,

gopro HD resolution using 1080p: 1920 same like mine, but the wide angle only 50º different, thats why its wider than VICO.
mine have good quality but gopro is even better quality, cant say more lah. :)

BR/

Chrix;768953 said:
Had a motorcycle cut me off & end up scratching the side of my car but no video to provide evidence so have to bear the repair myself

AFAIK, in Malaysia, whether the motorcycles hit us or we hit them, and whether by accident or on purpose, the insurance coverage is still on the "weaker victim", ie the motorcyclists.

Top Bottom