Buying E39:Need advise

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't trust on your 1st sight feeling. Go and pick another car.

bmw7833;659467 said:
Don't trust on your 1st sight feeling. Go and pick another car.

well,have asked the dealer to send the car to Albert ow WP Pandan mewah tomorrow. Albert will call me once the car is being given all clear or all not clear.

Have passed Albert's WP address to my dealer just now. I hope Albert can give his quick overall assessment.

cheers

zib;659471 said:
well,have asked the dealer to send the car to Albert ow WP Pandan mewah tomorrow. Albert will call me once the car is being given all clear or all not clear.

Have passed Albert's WP address to my dealer just now. I hope Albert can give his quick overall assessment.

cheers

A good mechanic can only tell the condition of the car and estimate cost for replacement parts. Your case involved a changed engine!

zib;659350 said:
yes.Only the rear right side is blown.

Then very high chances the light module got problem. Better put in the BMW Scanner or K Can to check

zib;659471 said:

cheers

Maybe you should go together with the car to see for yourself its condition?

Engine Number Blues

haywire;659576 said:
Maybe you should go together with the car to see for yourself its condition?

After a quick research on the net I am thinking the engine could still be bearing its original number.

The 13 digit long number could be the parts serial number for the engine block.

This could happen when the prev owner transferred the name to his wife and the puspakom ppl who know nothing abt BMW engine no location couldn't find the engine number.

Because from what I gathered it is not easy to find the engine number unless you know where to look and from which side and angle. I could still be wrong but from a website I found about BMW engine anf chassis codes,the engine number for BMW is only 8 or 9 characters long with an alphabet in between. Not all numeric.

Well the site didn't have the list for M54 engines specifically but based on the M52 and M60 listed I guess the M54 sits somewhere in-between.

Therefore I will still bite the bullet and go for it pending Puspakom B7.If it is a stolen car of course the dealer could be in for a surprise.

Afterall if it is true that the engine had been replaced, this is even better meaning the car has been repaired and the problematic engine is now lying somewhere in a workshop (my hunch would be in KL most probably)

Cheers.

Bro, whatever it is, if I were you I'd still insist to see what a diagnostics tool shows me. Physical verification can be deceptive, electronics can't hide that much. It only takes a few minutes and all truth will be revealed.

Anyway it's up to you to decide on what you're spending on, eventually.

Just my $0.02 worth.

zib;659577 said:
After a quick research on the net I am thinking the engine could still be bearing its original number.

The 13 digit long number could be the parts serial number for the engine block.

This could happen when the prev owner transferred the name to his wife and the puspakom ppl who know nothing abt BMW engine no location couldn't find the engine number.

Because from what I gathered it is not easy to find the engine number unless you know where to look and from which side and angle. I could still be wrong but from a website I found about BMW engine anf chassis codes,the engine number for BMW is only 8 or 9 characters long with an alphabet in between. Not all numeric.

Well the site didn't have the list for M54 engines specifically but based on the M52 and M60 listed I guess the M54 sits somewhere in-between.

Therefore I will still bite the bullet and go for it pending Puspakom B7.If it is a stolen car of course the dealer could be in for a surprise.

Afterall if it is true that the engine had been replaced, this is even better meaning the car has been repaired and the problematic engine is now lying somewhere in a workshop (my hunch would be in KL most probably)

Cheers.

How to locate engine number for M54?

Hello fellow beemers,
Since my topic is getting longer, hence I am creating a new topic. I hope the moderators can allow this. I think it will benefit future buyers as well as current owners.

May I know how to find the engine number for M54 engines?I think should be the same with M52 or other type of BMW engines.

From another forum somebody said it is behind the alternator. Somewhere at the engine block behind the alternator. And it should be 8 or 9 characters with an alphabet in between.

See this link http://www.ge39.com/files/zeigeinfo.pdf

So maybe you guys can list your engine number here? Some digits can be written as xx to protect personal data.

Hope to hear from you guys!

Cheers

Zib,

I have merged your new thread into this thread. Please do not simply open new thread asking the same questions.

Thank you

My engine number is 302929xx. All numbers.

It was behind the alternator, somewhere in the bottom. The Puspakom guys took about more than 20 minutes to locate and actually read the number when I got it registered.

haywire;659731 said:
My engine number is 302929xx. All numbers.

It was behind the alternator, somewhere in the bottom. The Puspakom guys took about more than 20 minutes to locate and actually read the number when I got it registered.

Thanks haywire.

So it cannot be 13-digits? Let's hear from the others as well.

My original was 691xxM9xx

9 alphanumeric character .

if you're still looking for a trouble free car ..there one e39 528 that's being well taken care for sale ...try pm'ing this member by the nick of Harbajan ...

ICEMAN 13;659832 said:
if you're still looking for a trouble free car ..there one e39 528 that's being well taken care for sale ...try pm'ing this member by the nick of Harbajan ...

yes car still for sale

Bro Zib,
I agree with some of the suggestion from the forumers..
just walk away from the car unless you know the previous owner preety well, and whatever upgrading/replacement of engine is direct from his mouth..rather than from the dealer..
there are many more out there..
just my two cents..

naharnms;661011 said:
Bro Zib,
I agree with some of the suggestion from the forumers..
just walk away from the car unless you know the previous owner preety well, and whatever upgrading/replacement of engine is direct from his mouth..rather than from the dealer..
there are many more out there..
just my two cents..

Agreed with yr 2cents..

Out of topic ? What i have put until out of topic on 03-08-2011 ?

Maybe you dont need to ask about duplicating keys/changing IR keys in all the threads bro? There are other aspects of BMW to discuss about :4:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom