Buying E39:Need advise

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zib, I noticed from the meter gauge pic that your temp is a wee bit over half. You might want to look into the cooling system of the car before anything else. It should be right smack in the middle, not over..Hope this helps.

deep3102;659155 said:
Zib, I noticed from the meter gauge pic that your temp is a wee bit over half. You might want to look into the cooling system of the car before anything else. It should be right smack in the middle, not over..Hope this helps.

Thanks deep3102,
But i think I looked smack in the middle. Maybe the camera was a bit offset which distorts the view angle. But will check again.

Cheers.

Ok, but keep an eye out on the temp gauge all the time. I hope it is just the camera offset and nothing more.
Have fun with your newly acquired :)

zib;659150 said:
So is this ok for the price?

I have inspected the car. Ni serious accident damage but I can see the rear right side was grazed and can see the filler bits inside above the battery.

But the boot floor still intact with no signs of repair. But used cars will have some issues,not perfect but this gave me some room for bargaining but ot by much.

I think I will bite the bullet and go for this E39.

Cheers.

Good price for the e39 525i year 2002. Get the VIN number to confirm year of manufacture www.realoem.com. Put aside RM10k for subsequent repairs/replacement of worn parts and maintenance and you will get a tip top e39.

zib;659028 said:
here's the engine bay pics:

and some interior pics:

seems like the links are not displayed here?also no more than 9 pics?

Bro, dont upload straight to this forum. Upload to other sites like Flickr or Photobucket and link back to here. Gives us a much better picture size and navigation without having to click on the photos.

haywire,
I have already uploaded to picasa but the links wont work. What should i do?

Cheers

zib;659206 said:
haywire,
I have already uploaded to picasa but the links wont work. What should i do?

Cheers

How are you posting the links? Should be like this

Anyway bro the facelift E39's all comes with the Celis LED rear lights, with the front angel eyes.

The keys maybe just out of sync which can be re-synced with a less than 10 seconds procedure. Or maybe the battery is kaput or out of charge.

haywire;659210 said:
Anyway bro the facelift E39's all comes with the Celis LED rear lights, with the front angel eyes.

The keys maybe just out of sync which can be re-synced with a less than 10 seconds procedure. Or maybe the battery is kaput or out of charge.

Bro,thanks again.

As for the key,the dealer has promised to fix and add an extra key from AB. Another issue is the rear led for parking light is I think kaput. How to fix this?Is is gonna be expensive?

Cheers

zib;659211 said:
Bro,thanks again.

As for the key,the dealer has promised to fix and add an extra key from AB. Another issue is the rear led for parking light is I think kaput. How to fix this?Is is gonna be expensive?

Cheers

You dont have parking light or what ah ?

tweiboon;659250 said:
You dont have parking light or what ah ?

Actually only the right side was out. The left one is ok. I can see it is LED type but I dont remember seeing any angel eyes headlamp. Maybe not blueish la..

zib;659256 said:
Actually only the right side was out. The left one is ok. I can see it is LED type but I dont remember seeing any angel eyes headlamp. Maybe not blueish la..

So you mean left side got parking light then right side dont have parking light ?

The ori m-sport still at high 90s :D

But zack, from the photos that you attached

1. The front m-sport bumper is not ori m sport
2. And why paint the trim to body color ?
3. Check both passenger front seats. Mine on driver side not aligned anymore
4. check the door/hood/rear bonnet alignment
5. rev the engine and hear anything funny from underneath the car

Much better if you can scout from direct owner with history records

tweiboon;659270 said:
So you mean left side got parking light then right side dont have parking light ?

yes.Only the rear right side is blown.

bazet;659280 said:
The ori m-sport still at high 90s :D

But zack, from the photos that you attached

1. The front m-sport bumper is not ori m sport.
Good point.Will check for accident damage but yesterday I saw no serious repair done.Will bring to mech this week to reconfirm.

2. And why paint the trim to body color ?
No idea.

3. Check both passenger front seats. Mine on driver side not aligned anymore
They are ok.

4. check the door/hood/rear bonnet alignment
They are ok.

5. rev the engine and hear anything funny from underneath the car
Will do when I get the car to the mech

Much better if you can scout from direct owner with history records

Thanks bazet but I am looking for a local spec year 2002 and above. Jap spec issue is the radio which is not compatible with our frequencies.

Just found out that the engine has been changed sometime last year. the original engine number was 6914M920 but now changed to 13 digits number.

But it has been endorsed by JPJ nonetheless with the same capacity. Wonder what is the difference between the number with alphabet vs teh 13-digits type?

2002 Local E39 M54 engined changed from 8-character (digit+alphabet) to 13-digits

Hi all,
I am about to buy the above car but just found out that the engine has been changed sometime last year. the original engine number was 6914M920 but now changed to 13 numeric only code.

But it has been endorsed by JPJ nonetheless with the same capacity.

Wonder what is the difference between the number with alphabet vs teh 13-digits type?

Thanks for any advice and tips. Anything I should avoid here?

Cheers

They changed back to M54 engine with same cc? sounds fishy here. better investigate for reason for change and source of the engine. if possible try to avoid those car with changed engine to avoid any issue. JPJ endorsement can be tampered.

There are many clean and problem free car to choose from, why take risk?

I believe the previous engine must be damaged and hence a replacement of another similar M54 engine. Most likely the replacement engine was a half cut from Japan. You really need to re-check and confirm this endorsement with JPJ as there are many fake endorsements in town. If I were you, I will walk away from this car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom