Brembo GT Big Brake Kit (BBK) for BMW

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

aoch88

Club Guest
Hi guys, I am planning to change my front brakes to Brembo GT 6 pots. However I have some questions:1. If the brake pads worn out, what type of pads can I buy to replace them? How much does it roughly cost? I heard it's around RM1.5K for brake pads alone?2. Are the discs/pads normally more reliable than stock ones? I mean, do they last longer? Mine would be drilled rotors.

all pads are above 1k. not many types of brake pad available, mostly are expensive one. it wont last longer then stock because the hole makan the pad a lot.

Sigh. I thought there are oem pads less than RM 1k :( I don't speed and brake a lot, it's just for the looks and would like to try BBK out. I found someone selling 6 pot AP racing oem BBK called "Option". Anyone heard before?

BMW ori brake calibers are sufficient enough for street use. If you want the looks, just paint ( red or yellow) your calibers.

Another alternative to consider would be the red Brembo "covers" that fit over the calipers. Frankly speaking, these covers do not do justice to your UDM.

aoch88;655535 said:
Sigh. I thought there are oem pads less than RM 1k :( I don't speed and brake a lot, it's just for the looks and would like to try BBK out. I found someone selling 6 pot AP racing oem BBK called "Option". Anyone heard before?

i was quoted rm25k for the 6pot Brembo for my BM,...thats a hell lot of money just for bling and to "try out". why not just try painting your calipers and getting drilled/slotted rotors.

285503_10150318133468338_539103337_9610590_541577_n.jpg

You can get from the states. A front and back 6/4 380mm all round will cost somewhere around
25k +-. I got some friends helping me out to get mine. At a very resonable price. I just want the look, i don't track. But it's worth it!

Thank you everyone :) Actually the reason is my current caliper looks like shit because it's an AP recond car. The whole thing has this salt water corroded looks and the disc/pads are also wearing off. This means I will eventually have to replace in a month or two. I was thinking swapping to BBK would be a good idea but after researching a bit more, replacement pads/discs seems to be another issue. I happen to find a Brembo GT 6 pot used for RM9K which is still very costly :( Anyone knows how to get rid of those corrosion and get it painted? Which workshop does it?

Whenever I see my calipers, I feel like crying.

I've painted my caliper to orange. I got a white car. Want something different. A normal paint shop will do a fine job. Must use good quality paint and lacquar else ending like mine... Lacquar torn off after long time washing.
FrontBBK.jpg

Yours is original Brembo isn't it? :) That's really nice and cool, orange suits the white very well.

Ya thanks! It's brembo monoblock GT. I have an M3 kit fitted on my ride. So the rotors is all round 380mm. Huge on the back.

Yeah, it looks beautiful!!! PERFECT FIT, haha. That's why I told myself I wanted to get/try some of these but where to buy the replacement pads? Can't I get those OEM/EBC ones to use on the 6 potter?

SMG330i,

Do post some pics with the wheels on for the FR & RR shots. Would really like to see the overall look of it. Thumbs up on the brakes. It does look stunning!

Bro SMG330i spent RM25K on these brakes and yes, they are beautiful!!! I can get a used set around RM18K but I am only opting for the front (also RM9K), lol. Seriously expensive stuffs.

bimmerholic;655659 said:
SMG330i,

Do post some pics with the wheels on for the FR & RR shots. Would really like to see the overall look of it. Thumbs up on the brakes. It does look stunning!

THanks Bro! Will try to snap a few pics and post it up.

aoch88;655622 said:
Thank you everyone :) Actually the reason is my current caliper looks like shit because it's an AP recond car. The whole thing has this salt water corroded looks and the disc/pads are also wearing off. This means I will eventually have to replace in a month or two. I was thinking swapping to BBK would be a good idea but after researching a bit more, replacement pads/discs seems to be another issue. I happen to find a Brembo GT 6 pot used for RM9K which is still very costly :( Anyone knows how to get rid of those corrosion and get it painted? Which workshop does it?

Whenever I see my calipers, I feel like crying.

yup, same as mine, my rotors were corroded, it works fine, just didnt like the look of it, so changed to zimmermans

The caliper, the main corroded part was the Pad retainer clips, so i got full set from Sturgaart for Rm300 to replace the corroded clips. look at the pic i posted, u see the silver piece in the middle of the caliper with the black marker part number...that was the part i replaced, it was 100% rusty and about to break

Thanks bro Ryou. Looks like it's pretty scary and obviously I should not wait for it to break when I'm driving. I think I need to get this replaced immediately. RM300 is for both sides or only one? You didn't get it sprayed to some other colors before fixing back the wheels? :)

A cheaper solution would be to get OEM Brembo calipers off another car and have it retrofitted onto yours. Then you'll need to figure out which rotors from other BMW models can be fitted onto your car.

This way however requires a little bit more research work, precise machining work on the caliper brackets and a bit of time.

My setup on my E36 is Porsche 986 (Boxster Non-S) 4 pot monoblock using E46 330i rotors.

With the Porsche 996 calipers you can use the E46 M3 CSL rotors (345mm) but the rotors cost around RM2k each I believe. Also the Boxster S shares the same caliper as the 996 if memory serves me right.

Why not getting the bmw performance brakes? I think it looks cool too. Made by brembo too and cost must cheaper. If not mistaken the rotors are 330mm front. Looks cool thou!

Top Bottom