Brake problem on E36

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Club Guest
hi all,my E36 encounter brake force not sufficient.i need to press at least 2 times onmt brake pedal to stop my car,the 1st pressing seems like very light & the car doesn't stop but slow down just a little bit.the pad & disc looks good in condition,should i change the brake servo pump?how many version of brake pump for E36?i bought a pump but my mech said it doesn't fit my E36...pls help & thanks in advance

maybe just minor like the air servo hose that connect from engine to brake system. that one easy to detect, when u switch off ur engine, bunyi macam ada angin keluar for few second. if that happen, got leaking lah..change that hose...cheap fix !

safrul;222585 said:
maybe just minor like the air servo hose that connect from engine to brake system. that one easy to detect, when u switch off ur engine, bunyi macam ada angin keluar for few second. if that happen, got leaking lah..change that hose...cheap fix !

thank you very much for ur info brother!!!will take a look for the hose.

thanks again.

Hi all sifu need your advice on the brakes too...i've upgraded my front disc brake n caliper for my ride model e36 318 97 to a e36 325 brake which i got it from the chop shop. The problem is the brake pedal when i step on it, it is very low and sometimes i'll accidentally step the accelerator and the brake pedal together. This is quite dangerous.
Hope all the sifu will advice me whats the problem. Thanks in advance

This is the sort of problem best sorted out by a qualified mechanic, since it involves stopping your car in time, i.e. the personal safety of yourself and your passengers.

Go to a good workshop and get it done properly.

Yup, check the hose.

I had the exact same problem as you did earlier this year. Felt like the braking was lighter than the supposed pressure.

Lee36328;222849 said:
This is the sort of problem best sorted out by a qualified mechanic, since it involves stopping your car in time, i.e. the personal safety of yourself and your passengers.

Go to a good workshop and get it done properly.

Thanks chief... will get it check up today in optimum.

according to my mech,the servo pump i bought arent abs type.so now im thinking of sell it.

aik..anyone interested?

contact Ah Yau at Jalan Ipoh. 019-320-1125... mention my code.. 909 silver! hehehehe.......

Top Bottom