Brake pad for 118

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

levin818

Club Guest
Hi there,Its time to replace my 118's rear brake pad.Front left 50%, rear left only 20%!Time to spend money...Since i heard all of the bad, non of the good about BMW SC, i decided to get the things done at other place.A quote from a workshop (that mostly handly Merc and BMW) for genuine BMW parts are:Rear brake pad (BMW ori) - RM460/pairBrake pad sensor - RM60/pairLabour - RM100Is this sounds reasonable?As what i know, brake pad for my Toyota is RM250/pair.RM460/pair is "something new to me" :biggrin:If you have done yours, would appreciate your sharing. Cheers!

Original made by ATE, you can get this OEM for 110, ori is too expensive for me and not much different for the price. With the ori price can go for better after market racing brake pad.

Toyota Vios ORI in UMW service center RM400/pair

OEM like Textar is about 200/pair for E39.

Thank you for the input!
While searching on the net, would you mind to tell me where can i get ATE and Textar brake pads?

funny the rear kaput first. I just changed mine:

brake pads 300/pair
sensor 65
svc charge 130
my brake discs are out of spec. so changed for 300 ea. so 600 both

actually for brake pads, you can get cheaper at bavarian auto and change it at any workshop.....nothing special

levin818;540405 said:
Hi there,
Its time to replace my 118's rear brake pad.
Front left 50%, rear left only 20%!
Time to spend money...

Since i heard all of the bad, non of the good about BMW SC, i decided to get the things done at other place.
A quote from a workshop (that mostly handly Merc and BMW) for genuine BMW parts are:
Rear brake pad (BMW ori) - RM460/pair
Brake pad sensor - RM60/pair
Labour - RM100

Is this sounds reasonable?
As what i know, brake pad for my Toyota is RM250/pair.
RM460/pair is "something new to me" :biggrin:
If you have done yours, would appreciate your sharing.

Cheers!

is the workshop MercCraft in tmn midah?
changed my set last Sept: front disc pads for RM350, rear RM250. wear sensor RM60. 4 disc brake rotors RM1600.

if your obc haven't displayed the "change brake pads" warning, you can save on the sensors. ask the foreman to reuse it.

Top Bottom