Brake disc - which one???

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

c-square

Club Guest
Brothers, I am thinking of replacing my brake discs as I believe they are warped :( (Made the mistake of changing to the non-ori Taiwan made ones which lasted probably only 2 months...now the steering shakes violently when braking during high speed)Question is there are so many types and brands of discs to choose from in the markletplace and I am totally lost. Is there any recommended aftermarket discs which are worthwhile for my e36 318i? Ideally, I would like the brakes to have more "bite" and please don't bother with those really expensive ones which costs an arm and a leg. So, any suggestions, guys? Thanks very much ;)

Stock BMW - serious - they are pretty good. If you think not, then you might want to look at your pads and tyres.

Try asking for the ATE Power disc. Good stuff and pretty reasonably priced. Enjoy!

Agree with Kev. using the ATE PowerDisc on my e30 and e36. Worth the price. Go for it.

most importanat question....what did you do to cause the warp? Yes, most will say TAIWAN made but driver.....Malaysian woh....

I ask this cos we dun one u warp the next ones too.....no offence ok :D

To answer ur question - ATE, stock, Lemforder ( in that order...)

Originally posted by Jules@Feb 5 2006, 08:32 PM
most importanat question....what did you do to cause the warp? Yes, most will say TAIWAN made but driver.....Malaysian woh....

I ask this cos we dun one u warp the next ones too.....no offence ok :D

To answer ur question - ATE, stock, Lemforder ( in that order...)
hahaha, no offence taken... don't worry.
I dunno leh. AFAIK, there is no change in driving style

guys, where do i source for the ATE Powerdiscs?... and how much would it set me back by?

Originally posted by c-square@Feb 6 2006, 10:39 AM
guys, where do i source for the ATE Powerdiscs?... and how much would it set me back by?
Dunno abt e34s but ah bin givn to understand u can get Brembo's rear rotors from Bomin Auto for RM110/pc for e30s. Fitted a couple to mine just last month. :D

Originally posted by c-square@Feb 5 2006, 09:39 PM
bro,gong xi fa chai.....

as to ur question.....try calvin tan,stuttgart or 1st division,last i heard they had stock for ATE items.....

i do knw tht brembo's have stock discs for e30's(vented but not grooved) and they were going for rm110 each,for e36 mebbe add 30 or 40% more me thinks....

here r some numbers for u anyway....

1) stuttgart 03-7803 9438

2) 1st division 03-6251 9815

rgds,
-brad-

Yes..Brembo does make stock disc for E30 but only slotted not grooved. My ex ride had them.

Bought them for around RM250 a pair .

Bro c-square
I just change mine to TRW, wanna get ATE but no stock, hear Breambo have some noice sometime but price is ok. around RM 250 / pair.

self drilled? good luck and report to us when they crack thru.....I kid you NOT.

Originally posted by Jules@Feb 6 2006, 08:10 AM
self drilled? good luck and report to us when they crack thru.....I kid you NOT.
We get all sorts dont we.

C-square, if the discs are relatively new, go and skim it. Should b okie after that :)

I have seen even ori discs warped after a couple of months!!

Top Bottom