bmw's finest engines

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

pussy

Club Guest
i was just thinking about the engines that bmw built.. i believe that the M50 is one of the simple, modern and the platform for the M51,52,54,etc.. this engine can be modified to boost above 550+ hps.. dun about the rest of your opinions of other engines..S14 or the M88 ?

u r the sifu of bmw engines bro..........but pussy im stil looking for my E39 ekjos system lah , sori if out of topic?

S42! M50 is a modern engine....depends on what are the criteria.

OSFlanker;198270 said:
M10!!!!

The block can withstand 1000bhp!!!!

NO NO ....

M30 based (M5 laaa 3.6) exceed 1000 bhp leh .... :eek:

atermizi;198287 said:
what about the McLaren's engine developed by Paul Rosche. S70 ot something..

S70 V12 was brought to life by Herr Rosche on the 850CSi delivering 380 BHP and 402 lb/ft of torque. It was also used on the M8 prototype - a more powerful version with all of 550bhp with an advanced 48 valve drivetrain design and a few other tweaks. Known internally as the S70/1, the engine was further improved and tweaked by the M boys / McLaren into the fabulous S70/3 or 4 going on to power the superb McLaren F1 roadcar. These without a doubt remain as one of the finest road car engines ever made!

The S85 V10 is a technological tour de force - perhaps some day, it too would turn out to be a classic. BTW, the glorious S62 V8 that it replaced was no slouch either !

Cheers,
VaN.

what i was reading that for the V12's, the engineers took both M20 blocks and merged into a 90deg. engine.. how smart of them...

pussy;198373 said:
what i was reading that for the V12's, the engineers took both M20 blocks and merged into a 90deg. engine.. how smart of them...

I don't think that's something new in the automotive world.

Anyway, I don't think we would ever going to decide on which are the finest engines from the BMW stable especially when we haven't defined what is 'FINE' in this context. ;)

i see..i see.., Thanks for the tips.., i have a few M20 lying on floor...hehe..., V12 is coming liao...

well fabian.. the press are saying that the S54 is the finest engines ever built so far... how's that ?

The N54...future classic and BMW's first petrol turbo since the 2002 Turbo...

Have to agree with bundy and fab. It really depends on what are the criteria you looking at.... durability, maintenance, cost-effective, potential, flexibility, etc.

pussy;198373 said:

Similarly for the M60 V8s, its from the M40 :) Even the engine cover looks strikingly (got such word ah?) similar!:D :D

One would think that the engine block becomes of less importance with the newer engines. It is the engine management system, sensors, electronics etc.

At the end of the day, what's more important is the driver!

Top Bottom