BMW Service & Maintenance [Newbie]

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Alwin

Hi Folks,

I am planning to get my first BMW vehicle, before I jump straight in, I need to know my affordability. On a regular car maintenance, how much it will cost me on an average. How frequent the car give you problems which require major fix. I had in mind to get either the X1 xDrive20i or 320i.

Will seek more of your advise before making my final decision. Thanks!

Regards,

Alwin.

Hello Alwin

Please proceed to the newbies column to introduce yourself. I am sure you will receive plenty of information in this forum.

Generally a BMW is an excellent vehicle, provided that you will treat it with much TLC. Your choices are good. I have driven both the x1 and the 320i. Depending on what do you really require of your vehicle, both selection are on a different platform. The x is a SUV while the other is a sedan.

From the selection of the models, I can safely assume that you are young, urban and most likely professional. Depending on whether you are already a family man and loves outdoors, the X could be suitable. It is sporty and has a higher ground clearance. For mostly town use and the occasional spirited drive, take the sedan.

If bought new, the first 4-5 years will not give much issues. If pre-owned, do browse the sections under the forum for the respective models to know what some of our members have gone through. If you are not careful, things can be nasty.

But owning a BMW is a bliss. After all, they don't call it the "ultimate driving machine" for nothing, Alwin.

HI Beemer,

That is a very good piece of advice. I did test drove the 320i last week, indeed a very powerful machine, I like the exterior very much. I have yet to get my hands on the X1 yet as there is no ready test drive unit at the showroom. I went to Quill FYI. I am still deciding.. tough decision as I don't change my car very often.

Regards,

Alwin.

I have finally decided and paid the downpayment :) After test drove, I fall in love with the 320i handling and performance.. Thumbs Up!

Alwin said:
I have finally decided and paid the downpayment :) After test drove, I fall in love with the 320i handling and performance.. Thumbs Up!
Congratulations!!!

Top Bottom