BMW Performance Brake Kit

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
astroboy;502131 said:
The LCI 325 Performance Limited in Ingress also upgraded with front Performance rotor only while rear is still OEM despite RM103k worth of mod thrown in.. I wonder who's decision to leave the rear brake stock?

Front brake if more grippy (i.e. upgrade only front brake), when braking, the rear will lift if the rear brake is OEM, making the rear passenger uncomfortable, nausea at worst.

Also I remembered E46F sent his to SC to recalibrate the perf brakes electronically so the ABS and DSC now know there's better brake system so when DSC kicks in, it will adjust the corrective brake force accordingly. So does Stuttgart did anything similar?

Nope, Stuttgart did not perform such calibrations on DSC ! Shall drive to Sapura and check if calibration is needed for the brake upgrade.

sunnypuan;502076 said:
For now, going to get the BMW Performance Gear knob from Stuttgart first..

How much is the BMW Performance gearknob? Quite interested in getting the BMW Performance handbrake lever and pedals as well.

sunnypuan;502054 said:
Mouse, The front and rear will cost RM11,500 without modifications for the rear hub ! So, my pocket not deep enough... haha ! And somemore the car only use 20% of braking force... So decided to upgrade the fronts only then...

astroboy;502131 said:
The LCI 325 Performance Limited in Ingress also upgraded with front Performance rotor only while rear is still OEM despite RM103k worth of mod thrown in.. I wonder who's decision to leave the rear brake stock?
?

From what I've found reading various posts on various forums, the rear brakes cannot be installed on 320/325s without modifying the rear hub. It appears considerable modification needs to done in order to install the rear brakes while retaining use of the parking brake. The higher end E90s are a different matter, as no modifications are needed for them.

Traveler;502151 said:
From what I've found reading various posts on various forums, the rear brakes cannot be installed on 320/325s without modifying the rear hub. It appears considerable modification needs to done in order to install the rear brakes while retaining use of the parking brake. The higher end E90s are a different matter, as no modifications are needed for them.

Seems the rear brake OEM shield need to be cut.. :stupid:

supergripen;502148 said:
How much is the BMW Performance gearknob? Quite interested in getting the BMW Performance handbrake lever and pedals as well.

The BMW Performance gearknob price is RM450 and the lever boot cost RM200. Can option to change the gearknob only without the lever boot. As for the handbrake lever and pedals, I don't know the price....

astroboy;502155 said:

haha..That's the price to pay for modifying...:eek:
Trust me, upgrade the front already enough lah... For normal or sometimes harder driving. For track use, then another story lor..:4:

astroboy;502155 said:

It depends on which year and model your E90 is. When the E90 first launched, BMW didn't come out with the BMW Perf brake kit. E90's were then designed to accommodate the BMW Perf brake kit in later batches which did not require cutting of the rear brake shields to fit the rear calipers. This also means that later batch E90 brake shields have bigger gaps around the rear stock calipers :).

Here are the install instructions which addresses this..

rearbrakeshield.jpg

congrats sunny, tat was fast

on the other hand, what rims are those? i like it a lot, saw it on a new z4 once in spore, in 19 inch, and how much?

sharp;502257 said:
congrats sunny, tat was fast

on the other hand, what rims are those? i like it a lot, saw it on a new z4 once in spore, in 19 inch, and how much?

Yalor... Got poison by those sexy banana's ! My wheels are from Taiwanese NKB's 18" at RM2400. Front are 8.5" and rear are 9.5"..... Economy wheels, hit pot hole also not heartache ! :top:

sunnypuan;502251 said:
The BMW Performance gearknob price is RM450 and the lever boot cost RM200. Can option to change the gearknob only without the lever boot. As for the handbrake lever and pedals, I don't know the price....

Thanx Sunny..not bad.These will be next on my shopping list.

sunnypuan;502136 said:
Nope, Stuttgart did not perform such calibrations on DSC ! Shall drive to Sapura and check if calibration is needed for the brake upgrade.

I called Sapura Service Advisor named Hong today... He told me no need to recode DSC after change the brake kit. Then I told him that according to the brake kit manual in the box, it suggested DSC to be recode. Then he set next Tuesday to check the DSC wor... Seems like nowadays Sales Advisor's product knowledge not very up to standards indeed. :stupid:

sunnypuan;502754 said:
I called Sapura Service Advisor named Hong today... He told me no need to recode DSC after change the brake kit. Then I told him that according to the brake kit manual in the box, it suggested DSC to be recode. Then he set next Tuesday to check the DSC wor... Seems like nowadays Sales Advisor's product knowledge not very up to standards indeed. :stupid:

That is the guy going to rectify my "tik tak" sound on the left handside of my dashboard nect week. going to leave the car for few days there :eek:

Hong at Sapura Auto told me that a number of E90 320/325 owners who installed the front Performance brakes, installed Brembo rear brakes as the rear Performance brakes will not fit without modifications.

Would this be a viable solution? I am just worried about brake bias/balance when upgrading the fronts but leaving the rears stock.

Traveler;507859 said:
Hong at Sapura Auto told me that a number of E90 320/325 owners who installed the front Performance brakes, installed Brembo rear brakes as the rear Performance brakes will not fit without modifications.

Would this be a viable solution? I am just worried about brake bias/balance when upgrading the fronts but leaving the rears stock.

Bro, I believe that Brembo are partners of making for the BMW performance Brake system........wierd that it does not fit the back..........Brembos are pricy though

stanleycck;507861 said:
Bro, I believe that Brembo are partners of making for the BMW performance Brake system........wierd that it does not fit the back..........Brembos are pricy though

Guys... There's no way the rear brake kit can fit onto 320/325 without modification on the rear hub. Unless you wanted your car without the handbrake function. Traveller, if you worry about the brake balance... Do feel free to test my car ! So far the brakes felt good... Before Sapura recode the DCS, after recode the brakes felt spongy ! Wasted RM189.00 for the recode and now bang my own balls because my mech told me if I activate the ABS on sandy areas the DSC will auto adjust itself. Better than using CPU to recode the DSC....
So, for you guys who wanted to upgrade BMW brake kit ! DO NOT RECODE DSC... Sapura even warned me before the recode if any mishaps happen to the ABS pump and sensors Sapura will void the warranty and as usual for warranty void is fork out own money to get the said items replaced ! Some good advise and service Sapura is giving....:stupid:

BMW gives a BIG safety warning that a recode is necessary. And if you remove the BMW Performance brakes BMW warns that you should re-code the DSC back again. Its a safety warning. Up to you to believe BMW Group or not :p

stanleycck;507861 said:

Yeah, the BMW Performance brakes are made by Brembo. Just hoping to find a similar one that would fit the 325i without having to do any modifications, so I figure Brembo may have something in their product range that would fit.

Traveler;508039 said:
Yeah, the BMW Performance brakes are made by Brembo. Just hoping to find a similar one that would fit the 325i without having to do any modifications, so I figure Brembo may have something in their product range that would fit.

Yes Brembo has an aftermarket kit for the E90. Last I asked, it was something like RM25k installed front + rear. Feel its a big spend on a measly 325i with auto slushbox tho.

Congratz on your new BANANA! i'm lovin it :love::lollypop:

But your rims mess up the BANANA le, not stand out....poison a bit...

Top Bottom