BMW Performance Brake Kit

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

sunnypuan

Club Guest
Just wanted to share this hardware with fellows E90 brothers here ! Rims removed
DSCN0111.jpg
Good thing listen to Bro Gilajazz not to import from HKG myself ! The fronts brakes itself, carton so huge...
DSCN0113.jpg
Such lovely banana here...
DSCN0112.jpg
Up it goes the large rotor...
DSCN0116.jpg
The banana being installed
DSCN0119.jpg
Then the wheels
DSCN0120.jpg
BEFORE
DSCN0021.jpg
AFTER
DSCN0122.jpg
Total Damaged = RM6400+RM32 (for the brake fluid)Bro Traveler and Gilajazz was with me in Stuttgart during the installation, then kena racun somemore by Gilajazz ride.... :eek: But I think Bro Traveler kena racun more then me...:4: Need to save more money for more mods then....:top:

Last night only talking about it...today already fixed..Impressive brakes..

RM6400 for what looks like a 6 pot is really good price. Looks amazing too. Congrats!

What brake fluids are you using btw?

E46F, Thank You... Your's is the best Stuttgart can offer ! Front and rears... Your mods on the brakes really poison wan... I would say E46F have the best set !

wc9922, Yalor... I wanted to fix it on friday but adrian says not enough time, so Saturday go fix lor... Kinda damaging to my pockets though... LOL

loafer, Stuttgart mech says my brake fluid not enough for them to flush the air bubble so have to buy 1 lit of Bosch Brake Fluid Dot 4 to fill the tank back.

Mouse, The front and rear will cost RM11,500 without modifications for the rear hub ! So, my pocket not deep enough... haha ! And somemore the car only use 20% of braking force... So decided to upgrade the fronts only then...

Should have opted to use DOT 5 fluid or any DOT 4 with a higher boiling point instead since your brakes will be generating much more heat now compared to the stock brakes.

loafer;502060 said:
Should have opted to use DOT 5 fluid or any DOT 4 with a higher boiling point instead since your brakes will be generating much more heat now compared to the stock brakes.

Aiyo, Stuttgart mech did not mention this to me wor ! What to do, use first lor... After 12 months only changed to Dot 5 ! Thanks for the heads up...

sunnypuan;502063 said:
Aiyo, Stuttgart mech did not mention this to me wor ! What to do, use first lor... After 12 months only changed to Dot 5 ! Thanks for the heads up...

Stainless Steel Braided hose before DOT5.

Goodridge - expensive but renowned ma.
PRO RS - Local sunway.. so far so good

IsaacVky;502066 said:
Stainless Steel Braided hose before DOT5.

Goodridge - expensive but renowned ma.
PRO RS - Local sunway.. so far so good

IsaacVky, Thanks for the info ! I saw a Brembo GT set on display during my installation. The Steel braided hose made by Goodridge OEM to Brembo.... Seems like my little upgrade will got more and more higher cost leh... Gosh.... :eek: Do you have any idea how much the hoses will cost??

sunnypuan;502069 said:
IsaacVky, Thanks for the info ! I saw a Brembo GT set on display during my installation. The Steel braided hose made by Goodridge OEM to Brembo.... Seems like my little upgrade will got more and more higher cost leh... Gosh.... :eek: Do you have any idea how much the hoses will cost??

Goodridge is about 400~500
Pro-RS 300++

go for Goodridge if you can... otherwise, can go for the cheapo alternative - cable ties on existing rubber brake hoses... proven workable on track.. hehe... but no so glamour loh...

IsaacVky;502070 said:
Goodridge is about 400~500
Pro-RS 300++

Thanks Bro... for the info ! :top: Shall get it together with the brake fluid change.... For now, going to get the BMW Performance Gear knob from Stuttgart first.... Bro Gilajazz show me his that day.... Kena poison now...LOL

fabianyee;502072 said:
go for Goodridge if you can... otherwise, can go for the cheapo alternative - cable ties on existing rubber brake hoses... proven workable on track.. hehe... but no so glamour loh...

Brother, Itu macam pun boleh meh???:eek: Looks like this cable tie got lot's of usage wor ! Got 1 guy even ask me to cable tie my Triton intercooler turbo hoses...:eek:

If you can't find Goodridge the PRO RS one is decent as well. Been using that for more than a year on my E36 and no complaints.

Of course you can't compare with Goodridge la the quality is much better. Last I checked Goodridge was going for something like RM600 for E36. Double the price I paid for my PRO Rs ones.

This kit requires 18" rim I presume?

What's the stop power of this Performance kit over the standard stock 325i brake? The bmw website does not put down the spec.

sunnypuan;502079 said:
Brother, Itu macam pun boleh meh???:eek: Looks like this cable tie got lot's of usage wor ! Got 1 guy even ask me to cable tie my Triton intercooler turbo hoses...:eek:
haha.. cable ties on the intercooler hose stopped the hoses from expanding under heat and pressure... Same applies for the brake hoses... Before the cabel ties, brake feel gets spongy after a few hot laps round sepang.. But after that, no more spongy feeling under hard braking... and it's been good for at least 4 years...

and the cable ties oso acts as protection for the rubber hoses...

viewfinder;502097 said:
This kit requires 18" rim I presume?

What's the stop power of this Performance kit over the standard stock 325i brake? The bmw website does not put down the spec.

According to the manual on the kit, minimum size is 17" wheels. As for the performance of the kit, I don't have a comparing specs as well. It's responsive than stocks but I'll give it some run in mileage first before reporting back...:top:

loafer;502080 said:
If you can't find Goodridge the PRO RS one is decent as well. Been using that for more than a year on my E36 and no complaints.

Of course you can't compare with Goodridge la the quality is much better. Last I checked Goodridge was going for something like RM600 for E36. Double the price I paid for my PRO Rs ones.

Good stuff don't come cheap I suppose ! For me, I think Pro RS enough lah.... :top: Need to budget for Happy Hour also mah...:top: LOL !

The LCI 325 Performance Limited in Ingress also upgraded with front Performance rotor only while rear is still OEM despite RM103k worth of mod thrown in.. I wonder who's decision to leave the rear brake stock?

Front brake if more grippy (i.e. upgrade only front brake), when braking, the rear will lift if the rear brake is OEM, making the rear passenger uncomfortable, nausea at worst.

Also I remembered E46F sent his to SC to recalibrate the perf brakes electronically so the ABS and DSC now know there's better brake system so when DSC kicks in, it will adjust the corrective brake force accordingly. So does Stuttgart did anything similar?

Top Bottom