BMW Key cloning

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

AmoiSky

Official Member
hello all... does anyone knows where to do cheap key cloning? i saw and also quoted for RM550 for 1 key! haiyaa.. got this key fob from ebay, want to use and keep existing as additional key.. this one is for E46.. hope someone can yhelp.. cheers y'all!!View attachment 27651

Look for tweiboon lah. Btw got link on eBay to that key? Looks interesting. Hehe

AmoiSky;796949 said:
hello all... does anyone knows where to do cheap key cloning? i saw and also quoted for RM550 for 1 key! haiyaa.. got this key fob from ebay, want to use and keep existing as additional key.. this one is for E46.. hope someone can yhelp.. cheers y'all!!
View attachment 27651

U just want to cut the key or u want the remote ? If u insist to use this key shell then the rechargeable function is void. Meaning using this key shell u must use china non rechargeable remote.

tweiboon;796965 said:
U just want to cut the key or u want the remote ? If u insist to use this key shell then the rechargeable function is void. Meaning using this key shell u must use china non rechargeable remote.

Just cut the key.. D link said I can transfer the mechanism to this key.. Still can right?

AmoiSky;796968 said:
Just cut the key.. D link said I can transfer the mechanism to this key.. Still can right?

If u put ur original remote into this key i think u might not able to start the engine. Not able to charge the battery also meaning not able to start the engine

tweiboon;796974 said:
If u put ur original remote into this key i think u might not able to start the engine. Not able to charge the battery also meaning not able to start the engine

Let me try and cut the key first. If it works then pakai.. Tak boleh kalu, simpan.. U know where I can do the key cut?

Sis, BMW keys are not just like normal car keys, the batt inside the key casing is rechargeable, if you change new casing might not work.
If you want to change the internals also might not work because the old key pcb has the same shape as the casing.

AmoiSky;796987 said:
Let me try and cut the key first. If it works then pakai.. Tak boleh kalu, simpan.. U know where I can do the key cut?
if cannot recharge then replace the battery with non rechargeable type. i believe this key case is easy to open unlike the original diamond.

for key cut, i did mine at ampang. charged rm40.

huskar3399;796998 said:
if cannot recharge then replace the battery with non rechargeable type. i believe this key case is easy to open unlike the original diamond.

for key cut, i did mine at ampang. charged rm40.

Bro,

RM40 is just to cut the key or its incl of coding?

Wingzee here you go. The link also include instruction..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/400339250495?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

AnakSarawak: coding will costs RM550 the cheapest i got so far..

Huskar3399&strider74: i think kedai kunci yg canggih sikit can do right? Will try search for 1 yang mau buat.. My dad tried to do for his honda kedai kecik tak mau buat..

Will try and test by this month and shall update.. If it works, then can ramai2 beli.. Hihi.. Maybe 2014 renewal gift? :wink:

AmoiSky;797015 said:
Wingzee here you go. The link also include instruction..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/400339250495?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

AnakSarawak: coding will costs RM550 the cheapest i got so far..

Huskar3399&strider74: i think kedai kunci yg canggih sikit can do right? Will try search for 1 yang mau buat.. My dad tried to do for his honda kedai kecik tak mau buat..

Will try and test by this month and shall update.. If it works, then can ramai2 beli.. Hihi.. Maybe 2014 renewal gift? :wink:

All the best sis, keep us informed on the progress.
Kedai kunci canggih (looks canggih la) that i've encountered so far : in subang parade, tesco puchong (have experience cutting key here), ole2 mall in shah alam.

I am going again soon to Dextrous. Got some new keys to cut. Let us know if the price still stays the same as in the end of 2010.

haywire;797348 said:
I am going again soon to Dextrous. Got some new keys to cut. Let us know if the price still stays the same as in the end of 2010.

Will do haywire.. Hope i could do it some time tomorrow.. Will u posted..

Top Bottom