BMW F10 auto start/stop button

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Thrasher911

Hi guys. I'm new to this forum. I have an enquiry. Hope any sifus could clear this. Any help and comment is highly appreciated.

I recently bought a 2012 BMW 520i F10 recon japan spec. Then i realized mine does not have the auto start stop button but my car has the auto start stop application.

Is this normal due to production of my car?

Thank you so much.

The auto start button is separate from the push start button. It's a separate button located just below the start button.

This auto start button allows you to switch off the auto start stop function. It can be programme to remember last setting instead of having the need to switching it off at every restart.

Thrasher it's normal. If you do not need the auto start stop function, I suggest you to get it programme to the off position. In this way, your car will only off when you switch it off.

Let me know if you want to program it :) I can do it for you a lot cheaper than those coders. Basically I can also help to code auto folding mirrors, sports display, DVD in motion, etc

aoch88 said:
If you don't have the button, how do you start the car?
I mean the A off button that is used to disable the auto start stop of the car when you're in driving mode. It is located below the push start engine button

F10 CREW said:
The auto start button is separate from the push start button. It's a separate button located just below the start button.

This auto start button allows you to switch off the auto start stop function. It can be programme to remember last setting instead of having the need to switching it off at every restart.

Thrasher it's normal. If you do not need the auto start stop function, I suggest you to get it programme to the off position. In this way, your car will only off when you switch it off.
Thank you so much for the input :67: I was worried mine maybe modified before this. Heard that the auto start stop application may decrease battery life and planning to switch it off. A friend of mine is using merc e250. Instead of having a auto start stop button, his car has a remote that can switch off the application. Is it possible for F10?Sorry for the noob question, this is my first BMW

aoch88 said:
Let me know if you want to program it :) I can do it for you a lot cheaper than those coders. Basically I can also help to code auto folding mirrors, sports display, DVD in motion, etc
aoch88, I would be very glad if you can do it for my car. Planning to install map too. May I ask, instead of coding it to switch off entirely, is there any other application let say, using a remote to switch it on and off whenever needed? Your help is highly appreciated :67:

Top Bottom