BMW E90 Shop

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I recommend WTF Auto(formerly Sykt Wong Tam Foo & Sons) at Jln Empat Chan Sow Lin. Panel workshop for most reputable insurer and Sapura Auto contractor. Honest, friendly, good workmanship and reasonable charges.....

WTF is indeed one of the best, but if I'm not wrong, they're still pretty pricey and the waiting list is long. They're best used for a complete respray. Rachel's is only a small dink on the wheel arch. ;)

racheltoh;476057 said:
Anyone can recommend? I got a quote and it cost RM1200. Some say RM300.

For RM1200, you can get it done at AB Glenmarie body spray shop. They should be able to match the color well :).

I used ProGarage in Sunway Damansara recently for my wife's Jazz when a neighbour who was talking on the phone reversed his E39 into her door. Price was Rm400 for them to respray her door, and to match the new color they also sprayed the other door which wasn't damaged. Very good it fit and care, and perfect workmanship and spray job for my picky eyes :). They use Sikkens paint which is considered premium such as brands like Glasurit paints.

RM1200 was quoted by German doctor name Ingress. They said need to respray the whole right door+bumper??

The monaco blue by BMW..is it a special blue or most ppl can match it??

Yes, posting pixx next.

The German doctor named Ingress doesn't have its own body shop, so it's gonna be outsourced and they will take a margin cut to cover their risks associated with a shoddy job etc. Only dealer in Klang Valley that has one is AB Glenmarie I believe.

E46: Thanks. Will go to AB Glen for a quote. Do you have anyone in AB to recommend me? Which service advisor? Do pass me yr Sunway contact. I just worry about the 2 tone.

07122009111.jpg

07122009112.jpg

07122009113.jpg

07122009114.jpg

07122009115.jpg

Can see besi or not? Mine also has something similar but I just polish off using Meguiar ScratchX.. ding still there but a lot less obvious than yours..

BTW, your 193m pretty "worn" le, not much better than mine.. must have left your "marks" at many places.. :p

Need to spray 2 panels, rear door and rear quarter panel, most likely but the RM1.2k job would definitely be a half car paint job for better color match.

racheltoh;476294 said:
E46: Thanks. Will go to AB Glen for a quote. Do you have anyone in AB to recommend me? Which service advisor? Do pass me yr Sunway contact. I just worry about the 2 tone.

When you are at AB, look for Pat and mention my name to her. If you wanna try Progarage, call Patrick 0122974238. Here is the map and address of ProGarage..

Progarage Map

Schwepps;476245 said:
WTF is indeed one of the best, but if I'm not wrong, they're still pretty pricey and the waiting list is long. They're best used for a complete respray. Rachel's is only a small dink on the wheel arch. ;)

I know the boss well and this small dink is just a full day or two job and the pricing should be cheaper than others IF I make an arrangement with the boss. :wink:

Rachel, most of what you see is the white paint that you picked up from (the wall edge?) that you kissed :) I would do like Astro: rub off the white paint and see if you can see undercoat or metal (doubt it) Then polish like mad with a good polish, and see if it's still noticeable. If not very noticeable, leave it until you get a really big prang. Small scrapes and doinks happen all the time, and even if you don't cause them, others will in parking lots. If really cannot tahan, just do a spot repair for a couple of hundred. That low down in the body no one will notice.

Dealers are not the places to go for paint jobs. Placebo effect only. The charges are double and they outsource anyway. Notice all the knock shops in the Penchala area near Dr Ingress? :) A professional outfit like WTF will do a tons better jobs for much less.

ok,
I just bought the insulation+the clips and all together rm468 and i dunno whether it cheap or expensive coz it was recommend by my good friend at segambut workshop.

I bought mine for RM278 at Stuttgart and DIY myself as they want to charge me RM50 labour for a simple "plug in" job.:stupid:

Sound Insulation Bonnet (part no 51 487 059 260) RM260
Rivet Bonnet Sponge-6 pcs (part no 51 481 915 964) RM18

My main reason for installation is to protect the paintwork otherwise rain water will dries up quickly on my car bonnet!

phantom;497622 said:
I bought mine for RM278 at Stuttgart and DIY myself as they want to charge me RM50 labour for a simple "plug in" job.:stupid:

My main reason for installation is to protect the paintwork otherwise rain water will dries up quickly on my car bonnet!

That is cheap!
That's what I was thinking, it should be not too expensive for this 'simple' material, just boycott this shop!
I'ii post the address sooner.

phantom;497622 said:

Where is this Stuttgart ? can Pm me the address. i am interested to get it as well. Does this items effects warranty if I fix it ? i didn't know rain water dries up quickly also affect the paintwork. I notice the right part of the bonnet is always hotter & dries up faster

I'm not sure about this but I think the 320d bonnet insulation is bigger in size compare to the petrol variant.. can any1 confirm?!

Top Bottom