BMW E90 Shop

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

9w2zek

Club Guest
Hi All,I'm not familiar at all about this car and I'll collect my E90 323 on tomorrow and need to get the front bonnet insulation and btw am stay at setapak area anybody know where i can get it or nearby gombak/segambut/melawati/etc?Thanks in advance!

where did u buy ur car from? the Sales Advisor will be able to tell u ma!!! anyway there is AB in Segambut..

How come a brand new car does not have bonnet insulation.

BTW, you can buy the insulation material for the bonnet at Bavarian Auto. It located in Jalan Segambut.

9w2zek;473003 said:
Hi All,

I'm not familiar at all about this car and I'll collect my E90 323 on tomorrow and need to get the front bonnet insulation and btw am stay at setapak area anybody know where i can get it or nearby gombak/segambut/melawati/etc?

Thanks in advance!

nine-whiskey-two-zulu-echo-kilo,

try bavarian auto in segambut/jln ipoh

regards
nine-whiskey-two-mike-romeo-xray

I have mix feeling about the missing bonnet insulation. Obviously there are pros and cons about everything and I have learned to accept certain things the way it is.

Benefits about NOT having the bonnet insulation:
1. Lighter (negligible)
2. Engine note more audible which of course itself is a sweet symphony
3. Bonnet can disseminate engine bay heat a lot better as it acts as a huge heat sink

this is nine-whiskey-two-zulu-echo-kilo returning,
salam contact perdana to you,

Thanks for the info, BTW this is the address right?

Bavarian Auto Parts Sdn Bhd

Address :
28 Jalan Segambut
51200 Kuala Lumpur
Malaysia

Telephone : +603 - 404 33 888
Fax : +603 - 404 10 779
Email : sales@bavarian.com.my

http://my.88db.com/my/Services/Post_Detail.page/Car_Boat_Bike/Spares_Accessories/?PostID=100485

BMW9700;473114 said:
nine-whiskey-two-zulu-echo-kilo,

try bavarian auto in segambut/jln ipoh

regards

Hi Astroboy,

So,

do you think, its good without insulation?
btw most of the luxury car, they come with this insulation, maybe to prevent the heat to 'damage' the paint at the front bonnet.

astroboy;473291 said:
I have mix feeling about the missing bonnet insulation. Obviously there are pros and cons about everything and I have learned to accept certain things the way it is.

Benefits about NOT having the bonnet insulation:
1. Lighter (negligible)
2. Engine note more audible which of course itself is a sweet symphony
3. Bonnet can disseminate engine bay heat a lot better as it acts as a huge heat sink

The E90s dont seem to have the insulation padding. Is there one for the E90s in the first place? The previous generation E46 did have them.

I believe it's only the LCI onwards that doesn't come with the bonnet insulation. Yes, there is one which fits the slots and tabs very nicely, and 2008 and prior units came with it.

9w2zek;473568 said:
Hi Astroboy,

So,

do you think, its good without insulation?
btw most of the luxury car, they come with this insulation, maybe to prevent the heat to 'damage' the paint at the front bonnet.

For the heat to work thru the paint, you are looking at at easily more than a decade of heat-cool cycle and the insulation serve 2 main purposes:

1. to protect the bonnet paint work
2. to provide better noise insulation, its a must for Lexus. Engine noise penetrate thru bonnet and travel thru windshield into the passenger cabin. After the installation of the bonnet insulation, u will notice engine noise that travel thru door gap and firewall to be more obvious

If u really must get one, I believe the 320d bonnet insulation is a lot bigger than the 325i for obvious reason..

may i know where can i find this bonnet insulation?
i really need to install this on my 320D la...
thx~

Best to get the OEM one from any of the dealers. Then it fits the slots and tabs exactly. Of course, aftermarket types may be thicker.

Saw your black beauty in Showroom, Mimi. Awesome: jet black, first diesel in the block, AND driven by a gurl! :) You put the guyz to shame because they don't relish pulling up to a diesel pump like trucks. How does the driving a 3 series compare with driving a C-class in your opinion?

I'm looking for a trusted-reliable-reasonable-good workmanship shop. Preferably in Subang, Shah Alam or Klang area since nearer to my house/work.. Work to do: knock a slight dent which I kena while driving. Need to respray too.

Worried: color does not match.

Schwepps;475231 said:
Best to get the OEM one from any of the dealers. Then it fits the slots and tabs exactly. Of course, aftermarket types may be thicker.

Saw your black beauty in Showroom, Mimi. Awesome: jet black, first diesel in the block, AND driven by a gurl! :) You put the guyz to shame because they don't relish pulling up to a diesel pump like trucks. How does the driving a 3 series compare with driving a C-class in your opinion?

so, did u test drive it? i don't find any shameful when putting in diesel wo :rolleyes:, i have been to Europe, saw most of the cars are diesel, my brother-in-law was driven a diesel car as well, so i spent 2 weeks there sitting on his car, nothing was wrong, for Europeans, when they want to buy a car, they will consider a car which can emit less co2, then only consider the power, since this 320d can have both, that't why i just go for it:top:, but i don't know much about cars, just when i test drive it, i like the handling and the feel, far better than the C200k year 2006, though the benz is already a new engine, same like the current model, but the break system is no good compare to BMW, FC is quite good, power is also good(if i have never test drive a BMW 320d)That day, me and my hubby went to test drive the latest E class, the only thing that impressed me was the daytime lighting,but u don't have de "flying" feeling on that, but for sure the E must be a hwy winner, E300 still a E300, considered different classes, but i am sure for normal drive a 320d is good for me, (size,handling and $$$$) :4::4:

racheltoh;475335 said:
Worried: color does not match.

Don't worry, a good paint shop will know how to match the colour! Based on the small dink you got, it should cost around RM300. It's an overnight job in this weather, so best to choose one in Subang Jaya. Be prepared to be without your bf for one night :wink:

Makko;475352 said:
so, did u test drive it? i don't find any shameful when putting in diesel wo :rolleyes:

No I haven't test driven yet. Nothing shameful about pumping diesel, but petrolheads here find it hard to switch :) In UK and Europe, diesel is definitely preferred. We're behind the curve like the yanks, but it's also because the quality of diesel here has only just begun to improve. The future is diesels, turbos and alternative energy systems anyway. Your assessment of Mercs matches mine :)

Diesel engines have much higher torque..... does this mean more G force?

racheltoh;475335 said:
I'm looking for a trusted-reliable-reasonable-good workmanship shop. Preferably in Subang, Shah Alam or Klang area since nearer to my house/work.. Work to do: knock a slight dent which I kena while driving. Need to respray too.

Anyone can recommend? I got a quote and it cost RM1200. Some say RM300.

racheltoh;476057 said:
Anyone can recommend? I got a quote and it cost RM1200. Some say RM300.

Wah...RM1,200 seems like quite a heavy damaged....
Can you post some pictures here, we'll help to access the damage, hopefully can recommend you a workshop.

Top Bottom