BMW E60 : Gearbox Oil Change ? When & How & Where

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

cooperman

Banned
Anyone know of the procedure & when the gearbox oil change is required for E60?What is the estimated cost for this service?As you know, BMW recommend that the gearbox/trans oil is lifetime, but i dun think so.so just getting 2nd opinion.:listen:

Bro...
1) The service interval for your car is 10000km for engine oil, even though they might tell you that it's 25000km. If you don't mind paying more... u can always to go AB, Ingress or Sapura... they will put you on the chopping board. I think it's about RM600-700. As you are changing engine oil every 10000km, Castrol engine oil should be sufficient.. my friend told me that it's about RM400++ outside. Look at the list of workshop that most bimmers go to... should be somewhere in the forum.

2) Transmission oil... this one is a bit tricky. Different people give different opinion. But it's advisable to change once a year... or else once every 2 years. If I'm not mistaken, it's about RM1500-1800! yup.. this one cost a bomb

Hope this will help!

1) Engine Oil- Every 10,000km change once with Fully Synthetic cost about RM 600.00- RM 700.00

2) Transmission Oil, cost approx RM 1,300.00- RM 1,500.00 every 100,000 km change once

That's my service interval.

Cheers!

In the lube business

cooperman;357485 said:
where do you do the trans oil change, pls advice.

Friend, dont listen so much on all this info... The lube for ATF is full.syn from ZF... please dont take all this funny recommendation to change to Castrol or what ever... Dont have to trust me, trust BMW ... The special blend from Exxon for ZF cannot be replaced... if u do, wait for the time bomb .. it will blow! Just go back to the official dealers for BMW ( AB/INGRES/Sapura) and use back original BMW packed... For your info most of the so called BMW parts supplier, are selling fake ATF oil.. watch out..

Guys dont recommend stuffs you are not sure...

jason...after i go thru the posting in this thread i dun see anyone recommend to change the ATF oil to castrol also as u claimed...they only say recommend to change it even if it is fill for life...so better dun comment on something u also not sure...

t2ribena;368437 said:
jason...after i go thru the posting in this thread i dun see anyone recommend to change the ATF oil to castrol also as u claimed...they only say recommend to change it even if it is fill for life...so better dun comment on something u also not sure...
i second that unless both our eye got problem

Mouse;368449 said:
i second that unless both our eye got problem

Yup... but dont recommend user for oil change at 10k or so.... follow as per manufacturer specs.. and if the owner follow the specs for lube LL01 or LL04 during lube change and use the ORIGINAL oil filters...then why the needs to change at 10k.. why ?? Do enlighten me... And since u have spend a good sum on a good car, why ... "pound foolish, penny wise" and send it outside to some un-trained workshops..

Jasonsyhan;368612 said:
Yup... but dont recommend user for oil change at 10k or so.... follow as per manufacturer specs.. and if the owner follow the specs for lube LL01 or LL04 during lube change and use the ORIGINAL oil filters...then why the needs to change at 10k.. why ?? Do enlighten me... And since u have spend a good sum on a good car, why ... "pound foolish, penny wise" and send it outside to some un-trained workshops..
r u saying that we should stick to BMW recommended 25k oil change interval? if yes, lets guess what will happen if 2 brand new BMW same series & model was delivered on the same day to their respective owners. lets say their driving behavior and daily driven routine is the same. Driver A changes his oil every 25K as recommended by BMW and driver B changes his oil every 10K, both using the same brand and viscosity. after both the car have reach.....lets sayyyyy 200,000KM, we dismantle both their engine and have a peak inside, what do u think will the difference be? or no difference at all?

Jasonsyhan;368612 said:

jason...

why not u enlighten us instead on why it is not good or cannot as per your opinion above to change oil as frequently as possible???????

as far as i know, the engine oil apart from lubricating it also serves as heat transfer medium to cool down the engine and its components as well as a cleaner/transport for dirt and carbon deposits from the operating of the engine....so from this functional role that the engine oil is doing, wouldn't it be logical and common sense that if you always provide a fresh supply of engine oil then the oil can perform better in its role to do as above and in return a better engine conditions...so in fact to change the engine oil as frequent as possible if ones have the mean is deemed to be a good thing but from you as if it is forbidden...

the condition based service (CBS) that BMW implements in its cars is to only serves as an indicator or assistance to inform the user/customer on the service interval based on the cars condition analyzed by the on-board sensor...at start level for engine oil life is 25,000km but this does not mean that it will countdown for every km that u drive but instead it depends on the driving and environment condition as well. If you have this in the car then try driving it very hard, the oil life count will reduce in bigger step than the distance you have driven...so in this case do u still maintain ur opinion that to keep to 25k km service interval for the oil? or follow what the car sensor says which is designed by BMW in the first place? That is why it is called CBS and the 25k km service interval for oil is only a maximum indication that the CBS have and not a fix interval.

so instead of asking ppl not to advise others to change the ATF oil to some other brands which in this case no one has advised as claim by you, also not to advise others to change the engine oil at 10k interval...why not you advise yourself not to advise others on things that you are totally not sure as well??? i bet that would be a better way...:top:

Gearbox Oil Change ? When & How & Where

Hi Guys,
After I read through this articles, I call up one of the mechanic in Brunei Jati BMW dealer and he said it's advisable to have your engine oil change at 10K and the reason the why the manufacture spec is 25K is because in the four season countries the oil last longer and beside some countries service charge for car servicing is quite expensive.

Top Bottom