BMW E46 Facelift model 318I N 320I N 325I which more realiable and stable?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
terry8;818890 said:
I was told by my mechanic that 325i is more reliable because it has less electronics. I own a 318i and i have already spent a lot of money maintaining it but its getting better now after all the investment

Agree with terry8, my mech told me the same and of course he told me not to buy a conti, juz a toyota would be great enuf if maintenance is the main concern LOL
325i has a more stable engine and gearbox and less headache, according to my mech. He said if he knew me earlier, he would asked me to get a 325i rather than a 318i n42b20 which i have spent almost 25k in 1.5yrs ownership to replace worn out parts + overhauling the engine

julianf7;825638 said:
Agree with terry8, my mech told me the same and of course he told me not to buy a conti, juz a toyota would be great enuf if maintenance is the main concern LOL
325i has a more stable engine and gearbox and less headache, according to my mech. He said if he knew me earlier, he would asked me to get a 325i rather than a 318i n42b20 which i have spent almost 25k in 1.5yrs ownership to replace worn out parts + overhauling the engine

RM25k is quite a huge sum for 1.5yrs. Basically after the overhaul, I presume the N42 is now worry/trouble-free?

wingzee;825641 said:
RM25k is quite a huge sum for 1.5yrs. Basically after the overhaul, I presume the N42 is now worry/trouble-free?

Yeah, abt 10k for overhauling including changing d radiator, bushes etc, the rest are for worn out hoses, abs, solenoid part of d gearbox, cracked signal light (front due to old age) etc...
Can't remember much coz hav fixed too many stuffs LOL
Anyway, am happy with d car now :top:

Hi, wanna ask U guys, planning to buy an e46, actually looking for manual 2.2L or auto 2.5L. Any suggestions that how to check on the car whether it was well maintained or need any major repairs? Where should send the car for checking car health before committing into buying it? Thanks guys, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

bananaboat;829300 said:
Hi, wanna ask U guys, planning to buy an e46, actually looking for manual 2.2L or auto 2.5L. Any suggestions that how to check on the car whether it was well maintained or need any major repairs? Where should send the car for checking car health before committing into buying it? Thanks guys, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Bro, there are a few well maintained unit in the classified section, by members of the forum. can start there....

bananaboat;829300 said:

There a nice 2.2 manual on sale in our forum. Check it out bro. Cheap roadtax and good reliable engine

get tapatalk now to view n update bmwcm. it's free for limited time only

Which model is cheaper in maintenance? Manual or auto? And how about spray paint changing car color. Is it recommended? also saw posting mentioned initialm spent 40 k in 1.5 years for maintenance. I'm not ready for spending that much for maintaining a car within short period.. Is it that expensive?

If your unlucky or have an inexperienced mechanic to work on your car it can do lots of damage

bananaboat;829509 said:
Which model is cheaper in maintenance? Manual or auto? And how about spray paint changing car color. Is it recommended? also saw posting mentioned initialm spent 40 k in 1.5 years for maintenance. I'm not ready for spending that much for maintaining a car within short period.. Is it that expensive?

Seriously bro, if you are worried about maint. costs and such , get a jap car, more reliable. But if you still want to get a udm, do prepare some cash to do basic and necessary maint. Read up on e46 maintenance cost for reference. Separate the upgrades n necessary maint cost.
I myself have spent about 5k and i expect maybe another 3k to make the car perfect...hehehe.

Sent from my GT-I9300

searching for right model

Having tot of getting Camry, but still the feeling is different lo. Hmm if spare 10k for make the car good for driving i think still i can accept. I'm scared getting a unit then the repair cost 20-30k like that.. :( Very scared getting unit like that. Is it 325i is more reliable? and less problems

anaksarawak;829517 said:
If your unlucky or have an inexperienced mechanic to work on your car it can do lots of damage
Tell me about it - my 1st mechanic easily cost me more than RM 20 K

bananaboat;829509 said:

Bro...initialM is an true enthusiast. Meaning he pours his heart and soul into his rides. He's more into preventive maintenance for his own satisfaction and enjoyment. For us mortal beings, we look at him as a benchmark, what we aspire to be when it comes to taking care of our rides. You have to sort out ur priorities first when it comes to maintnance. Follow ur own pace...

bananaboat;829509 said:

It all boils down to what you would like to achieve with the car, either just a simple point A to B car with minor errors/issues negligible or you're looking at pure perfection, ie. car that looks, feel and drive just like it's out of the factory, despite its age.

Many true enthusiasts spent almost the same amount of installment they are paying monthly on maintenance or mods alone. No surprises.

Keep the lookout for a 6 cylinders should your budget permits, either a 325i or a 330i.

Hint: A 2002 330i can fetch as low as 55-60k nowadays. For a car that's worth RM300k during its launch time, it's a bargain. A true piece of German engineering, precision and driver's car.

So not easy owning a piece of machine like this. Need loads of patience, knowledge, cash, and especially friends in forums :D

Yooo waddup guys recently found 1 unit e46 318i facelift made 2003 engine its 2000 cc ard 50k.jus wana this model is it worth it??

Last month I saw a nice e46 N42B20 year 2003 for 38k .. So for 50k best to source for 330 bro

Wooow so cheap meh but tis car its made 2003 but register on 2009 la.plus standard habis lo wahahaha whr can find so cheap bmw in kota kinabalu ah n stil can loan some more????ive been looking for months ody mostly price its ard 50 to 70k looo...

ButtHead;835194 said:
Wooow so cheap meh but tis car its made 2003 but register on 2009 la.plus standard habis lo wahahaha whr can find so cheap bmw in kota kinabalu ah n stil can loan some more????ive been looking for months ody mostly price its ard 50 to 70k looo...

Bro, shipping the car from Peninsular only cost u around rm2k

Top Bottom