bmw e36 front lamp problem.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
tweiboon;772165 said:
U clean the lense first.................if really not enough then only change the light bulb. The sport light u also can clean it by putting in the soap water. Sport light not able to open the lense.

sport light, u mean the fog lamps?

How to remove them? i was planning to polish the outer using car lamp polisher for plastics one.

anthonyhor;772167 said:

How to remove them? i was planning to polish the outer using car lamp polisher for plastics one.

There is a small clip which u press and remove the fog light. Ur bumper is not M3 bumper i think u need to press the clip at bottom of ur bumper.

anthonyhor;772167 said:

The fog light is glass lense i think just clean no need polish.

and....how about the projector lamp? how to clean it? just open the glass case, and clean the outer shell, two piece lens and also the outer of projector lamp itself? need open further to clean inside or not?

anthonyhor;772178 said:
and....how about the projector lamp? how to clean it? just open the glass case, and clean the outer shell, two piece lens and also the outer of projector lamp itself? need open further to clean inside or not?

U just open the lense and clean the front of the projector is enuf. The back of the projector u just use a long stick to clean abit is enuf. I stay in Puchong, if u want to meet me for a drink can come to PUchong now.hehehehehehe

tweiboon;772182 said:
U just open the lense and clean the front of the projector is enuf. The back of the projector u just use a long stick to clean abit is enuf. I stay in Puchong, if u want to meet me for a drink can come to PUchong now.hehehehehehe

bro...im at penang lol!!!! xD

will post pic after doing the cleaning job.

There are a few picture DIY on the web on how to open the headlamps.. but its also very straight forwards just by looking at them. If you can manage to remove them from the car properly, you can disassemble them easily.

Btw, your lenses looks in far better condition than mine, are you absolutely sure they are really THAT dim?, perhaps in stead of comparing it to other cars, are you able to see the roads fine with your own lights?

As for the fog lamps, if they are sand blasted to hell.. just forget it. You should have seen mine, they were opaque.

tomorrow will try out with my dad...xD

but yeah, even not to compare with other cars, still really dim like hell... as if like two pairs of little cutie torchlight hanging in front of car and not helping at all.

PLUS, just now i just noticed that when the car is idling, sometimes the light will becomes dimmer a little bit for like quarter a second and back to normal, and have noticed few times.... what does this means?

should had just opt to remove that useless lense as without the lense you'll a get a good light throw and a proper projection when you drive in rain or going up hill to genting ....

running without the lense and hid's ...is definately a super plus for me ...

jeffreyewe;770763 said:
you can actually buy the glass and get it changed

Sorry to revive old thread....need to know where can I get the front glass cover for e36 bosch...mine is full of stone marks...thank you...:adore:

Yeah, dun waste money buying the taiwan headlights. They may look nice but the light throw/ pattern
is bad. Just dismantle your original bosch unit, clean the len surface and buy a pair of 4300k HID. U will be a happy man again, cheers!

Top Bottom