bmw e36 front lamp problem.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

anthonyhor

Club Guest
my mum has been complainingabout her old car's lampproblem...not bright enough...at first i thought it was her eye'sproblem...(she wear spec and usecomputer all day long). but thenwhen i ride on the front seat, ifound out my mums car lamp iseven dimmer than kelisa ones.o_oafter make some research on net,i found these....( forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1452613 ) and looks tempting!any idea where to get these inmalaysia? thanks!!

wad hid? means just change the bulb only? becoz mine got bosch ellipsoid..which is glass one. thought about change the inside system will do since i would prefer a stock look.

First off, whats the condition of your current headlamp lense? That could be causing the improper light dispersion.

If its not stone chipped to hell, try newer bulbs.

If your contemplating taiwan lights, IMO just forget it.

the inner lens and outer glass shell is in mint cond. just i saw quite ammount dust deposited in it. but then i still feel like it just wont help much if i cleaned it. i will still do it next week though.

ALL retrofit hid are from taiwan???

Try open the twin round glass l.Else change bulb or whole lamp set to HID hehe. Racun time

If possible drive ur car out and let us have a look first. Need to find out ur car is glass problem or bulb problem or socket problem or power supply problem.

anthonyhor;770800 said:
the inner lens and outer glass shell is in mint cond. just i saw quite ammount dust deposited in it. but then i still feel like it just wont help much if i cleaned it. i will still do it next week though.

ALL retrofit hid are from taiwan???

Mint?.. hey if you ever consider replace them please throw them headlamps my way :top:

The problem with the "taiwan" headlamps is the poor quality of the material & build.

It could be your bulbs are old, or like tweiboon mentioned.. its an electrical issue..

i agree with the posts suggesting cleaning, i did mine, you will amazed at the difference it makes.. its an easy job to do, i popped the glass covers in the dishwasher, and used a damp soapy cloth to do the lenses--now they are back to BMW standards...... as for taiwan lamps, well, i tend to shy away from 'upgrades' that are not from the model line and I'm of the opinion that the BMW engineers knew what they were doing when developing the E36.

tweiboon;770946 said:
If possible drive ur car out and let us have a look first. Need to find out ur car is glass problem or bulb problem or socket problem or power supply problem.

will upload pic as soon as possible!
btw, if the bulb is really old, i wonder is it really possible to change a bulb in projector lamp..if yes, any replacement recomendation?

and....projector lamps need reflector like normal light or not?

anthonyhor;771917 said:
btw, if the bulb is really old, i wonder is it really possible to change a bulb in projector lamp..if yes, any replacement recomendation?

The bulbs are regular H1 for both the high & low beam. Guess the Nighbreaker's are all the rage now? Remember a guy selling a set for RM90 including postage.

Our projector has reflectors behind 'em, they do provide some light output.. but its mostly the projected light that you will be seeing from the low beams.

anthonyhor;771917 said:

"really possible to change a bulb in projector lamp" ? Sure u can change the light bulb super easily. The light bulb cost less than RM20 per pcs. Projector lamps also need reflector. But the helps of reflector just little only.

so...how is the condition of the lamps?

As u can see in the pics, the lamp is really not bright enough lol, esspecially at hilly roads.

tweiboon;772162 said:
Found ur problem already. Ur projector is dirty. It has been cover by dirt. The glass lense is dirty too. This e36 head lamp is very easy to open. Open the glass lense and clean inside then it will be bright again.

let say if i want to change to brighter bulb, is that possible without the changing of wiring system?

anthonyhor;772163 said:
so...how is the condition of the lamps?

As u can see in the pics, the lamp is really not bright enough lol, esspecially at hilly roads.

U clean the lense first.................if really not enough then only change the light bulb. The sport light u also can clean it by putting in the soap water. Sport light not able to open the lense.

anthonyhor;772164 said:
let say if i want to change to brighter bulb, is that possible without the changing of wiring system?

I have change brighter bulb last time. But at the end both burned..............heheheheheheh

Top Bottom