BMW E36 engine oil

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bull88

Club Guest
Hi guys...I m still a new user of BMW E36...Can anyone tell me where to buy engine oil with cheap n reasonable price around subang or shah alam??? What brand is good and what type are we suppose to buy for BMW 318 E36 1998 model??? I plan to buy engine oil n change it myself....Pls advice TQ.

Mine using castrol magnetec..u want to change by yourself and how you want to reset the service indicator meter?

If i dun reset it wil it do any harm to my car? I mean i jus follow d mielage every 10,000 Km i change d engine oil...Is tat OK?

bull88;650702 said:
If i dun reset it wil it do any harm to my car? I mean i jus follow d mielage every 10,000 Km i change d engine oil...Is tat OK?
Hi bro, no harm even if you do not reset. Just irritating coz you know you have just change oil. You can DIY service indicator reset as well. very easy and I have done it myself many time already. Refer here bro;
http://www.bmwe36blog.com/2007/02/24/reset-bmw-e36-oil-service-light/

hi bull, bmw manual recommend using 15w-40 but it is difficult to find at the shop. so 10w-40 is OK :top: For semi synthetic oil it is advisable to change every 7000km. Mineral oil at 5000km and full synthetic at 10,000km. hope this help you

for me, i change the engine oil at normal workshop and reset the service indicator by myself using the paper clip. it works.

as for me i have been using 10w40 castrol magnatec n change every 10k km. anyone tried using 20w50??? can share some experience

Hi galazy7...May i know how do u reset d oil service indicator with a paper clip? Where to apply it? One more thing i heard that there is one Oil Shop in Sunway selling engine oil at quite cheap price...Do u guys know about it...Do u ve the contact number?

bull88;652445 said:
Hi galazy7...May i know how do u reset d oil service indicator with a paper clip? Where to apply it? One more thing i heard that there is one Oil Shop in Sunway selling engine oil at quite cheap price...Do u guys know about it...Do u ve the contact number?

here's the link for service indicator reset http://www.bmwe36blog.com/2007/02/24/reset-bmw-e36-oil-service-light/ as per also highlighted above by bro AZM. goodluck.

bull88;652445 said:
Hi galazy7... One more thing i heard that there is one Oil Shop in Sunway selling engine oil at quite cheap price...Do u guys know about it...Do u ve the contact number?

Just a word of caution whenever there are cheap price engine oil for sale. There are many fakes/re-cycled (especially popular brands like Shell & Castrol) lubricant oil in the market. A few members here had bad experienced and end results, have to overhaul their engines.

Top Bottom