100_3051.jpg
My taxi driver:41:
100_3050.jpg
Another taxi passed by
100_3059.jpg
Chequered Flag:41::beer:
100_3061.jpg

More! More! :63:

Check out the distance between the steering and the driver, that's what they call correct seating position, advance driving style! :top:

100_3050.jpg

etquah;460529 said:
You are absolutely right !! IF you can get use to it.

I have been practicing this for the past 3 years... theories goes as far as the classroom door. After the door, its all practice and getting used to it.

How close I sit in front of the steering? Look at it this way, my missy (shorter than me :D) gets into my car, no need to adjust seat... yup! That close.. :24:

Even the Kongfu hand when turning steering also took me quite a while to loose the habit.. :D :D

The 1 thing that put me off from attending was that they don't let you use your own car...but if you're driving a stock 3 series anyway then i suppose it's worth it since you'll be driving exactly the same car.

Interesting that instructors wear helmets now. Last time all no need including passengers around the track.

astroboy;460530 said:
I have been practicing this for the past 3 years... theories goes as far as the classroom door. After the door, its all practice and getting used to it.

How close I sit in front of the steering? Look at it this way, my missy (shorter than me :D) gets into my car, no need to adjust seat... yup! That close.. :24:

Even the Kongfu hand when turning steering also took me quite a while to loose the habit.. :D :D

closer doesn't mean better leh...
It should be two hands on steering 12'oclock, both shoulder should touch the seat with no space. At 3-9 position, the arm will slightly curve. That is the correct method.

BMW Driver Training Part II

How corner being taken.:stupid:
100_3055.jpg

Pit Stop. Where is the crew ????:sleep:
100_3060.jpg

Casanova;460531 said:
The 1 thing that put me off from attending was that they don't let you use your own car...but if you're driving a stock 3 series anyway then i suppose it's worth it since you'll be driving exactly the same car.

They are using stock 323i. Brand new. Guess who is going to be these cars after the training sessions.

turbology;460537 said:
closer doesn't mean better leh...
It should be two hands on steering 12'oclock, both shoulder should touch the seat with no space. At 3-9 position, the arm will slightly curve. That is the correct method.

:top: Now I can score better times in Gymkhana.. :p

:eek: Now etquah is going to be a strong contender in the Gymkhana class A time attack... be very afraid u all, this fella is getting very serious!! :eek:

astroboy;460566 said:
I think he's talking about nipple touching the steering la.. :p :24:

:26:

No lah. Most likely belly touching the steering.

When sitting too close, is harder and slower to turn the steering.
The turn angle is less too.

turbology;460676 said:

Are you sure when you are sitting close, it is harder to turn and the angle is lesser?

Try watching WRC, and see how close the drivers sit, and the angle of their elbows. BMW's seating position is more or less adopted from rally schools. :)

Cheers

turbology;460676 said:

brader, you driving bus meh wanna turn all the way?? Like our in-house instructor cum president has mentioned, it needs to to be close enough but not like those ah sam or aunties that drive with their faces up close against the steering. The driver in the picture above looks like he is seated in an ideal position, at least close enough ady la... turn angle is 180 degrees max, most seating position can do it with ease la.. don't believe go ask the driver personally.

p/s - is kevster the driver ah?

This is my favorite video when it comes to steering control.. she also took about 3 years to learn but I'm no way near her.. :(

I have not even learned how to use my handbrake yet.. :(

Did BMW Advance Driver Training teach how to use handbrake? :eek: :confused:

Top Bottom