bmw coding icom help...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Dave1987

hi guys,

recently made a donation for the bmw package on mhhauto forum, and ordered a china icom a2 set. Got stuff finally working now such as inpa and ista, but now i want to code my bmw e46 and want to use ncs for it. Only thing is i cant get connected, i think its me doing something wrong. Can someone please help me?
thanks

Dave1987 said:
hi guys,

recently made a donation for the bmw package on mhhauto forum, and ordered a china icom a2 set. Got stuff finally working now such as inpa and ista, but now i want to code my bmw e46 and want to use ncs for it. Only thing is i cant get connected, i think its me doing something wrong. Can someone please help me?
thanks
Maybe it have something to do with the laptop being 64bits?? NCS and WinKFP are design for 16bits computer.

May I know after coding, what is the benefit? E60..

There is no benefit at all except to make the car behave to your liking.
eg. For E46, the recirculation always turn off when you switch off the car. By coding, you can make it always set to recirculation mode.

Simple thing to make the car to your preference.

Of course, there are some who "tune" the car to make it more responsive.

eg. For E46, the recirculation always turn off when you switch off the car. By coding, you can make it always set to recirculation mode.

Correct. Exactly, I coded my F20 to remember I've disabled the auto start on/off. Otherwise, I have to switch it again after I start my car. It's more setting preference to your car that does not come out of the box.

I see bro. So for E60, what additional function i can activate? Thanks ...

There are many option. Info from NCS-expert.com.

1. Alarm sound when unlocking/locking the vehicle (Off by default on UK model, also off on almost all models in EU)

2. Skip AM band on entertainment source selection. Must also set "NEXT_SOURCE" to aktiv

3. M5 HUD - shows RPM bar and current gear (all three needs to be enabled for Mview to work in HUD settings)

4. M5 HUD - shows RPM bar and current gear (all three needs to be enabled for Mview to work in HUD settings)

5. Seat heater display comes up in iDrive when heat button pushed

6. Seat heat hi-med-low slider in iDrive

7. Welcome lights in lights menu (needs LMA2), linked with WELCOME_LIGHT in LMA

8. Enable TV/video functions while driving

9. No legal notice on iDrive startup (US models)

10. Unlock door(s) after pressing Stop Button

11. Close windows via key FOB

12. Eject key fob after holding Stop Button, and unlock door(s) when linked w/ ER_KEYOUT_AUTOVR

13. Windows open with key fob but sunroof remains closed

14. Turn signals in HUD

15. M5 HUD - shows RPM bar and current gear (all three needs to be enabled for Mview to work in HUD settings)

16. Pressing "AUTO" on the climate control does not turn on the AC

17. Climate fan speed display via orange light around manual speed knob even in automatic climate mode

18. Automatic headlamp cleaning

19. Passenger mirror kerb function (needs SA430) - Sept. '05 onwards

20. Must be turn on for US model (provided the mirror has folding motor)

21. Comfort folding mirrors (Needs SA430) - 09/'05 onwards (hold close button on key FOB to fold mirrors)

22. Digital speedometer in cluster

23. nicht_aktiv = True car speed in digital speedometer (removes the standard circa +5mph safety feature for radars)

24. nicht_aktiv = True car speed on analogue meter and HUD (removes the standard circa +5mph safety feature for radars)

25. Allow high beam and fog lamps on at same time

26. Enable Pathway Lighting function on key fob (quick press on trunk release button)

27. Welcome lights function (needs LMA2), linked with VA_WELCOMELIGHT in CAPPL (WELCOMELIGHT in MASK)

28. Enable DRL (the same as on/off menu if available from iDrive)

29. Select the AE as the DRL (default to drl_h for US model), linked with DRL_TFL_SML_33

30. Enable the AE as the DRL after switching VERHALTEN_DRL_TFL_33 -> drl_s - (LM2)

31. Flash to pass with bi-xenons instead of halogens

32. Make LCI AE brightness to stick to high all the time.

33. Removes Weatherband from entertainment source selection

34. Welcome lights in lights menu (needs LMA2), linked with WELCOME_LIGHT in LMA

35. Creates a tone when PDC button pressed

36. PDC comes on in reverse and turns off when leaving reverse

37. Changes incoming call ringtone.

38. Eliminates the SOS malfunction error in iDrive. Note: The SOS functionality is no longer operable from the hardkey.

Top Bottom