bmw accessories configurator cd

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

racheltoh

Club Guest
what is the intent/purpose for BMW to send us the BMW Accessories Configurator CD?anyone ?

My company sells software for building these configurators to automotive companies and their marketing chain.
One of the objectives is to put it online and and use as a sales and marketing tool for end users.
Another usage is for small BMW dealerships without entire product lineup in display, to use these configurators on large screens in showrooms so that their customers can visualize what options to consider.

I thought it was some performance kit demo or how the car would look like with the performance brake, AF, exhaust, but nooo.........

Agree with MSport... No BMW Performance goodies in the configurator options. The CD is not very comprehensive.

Concept is great, but implementation needs improvement.

I binned it the moment I saw that it works only on PC-Windows. Not enough Mac users driving Beemers.

i was more interested with the tablet dvd brochure that came together with it...nearly send my car for the aftermarket interface...but this is a nice solution..

glock_8;503860 said:
i was more interested with the tablet dvd brochure that came together with it...nearly send my car for the aftermarket interface...but this is a nice solution..

The picture shows a cable dangling around. I certainly don't want any cable dangling... looks messy and cheap. And kids, and some adults, will surely yank the cable.

glock_8;503860 said:

Anyone knows if any of the authorized dealers have a display unit for viewing?

viewfinder;503879 said:
The picture shows a cable dangling around. I certainly don't want any cable dangling... looks messy and cheap. And kids, and some adults, will surely yank the cable.

I suspect the dangling cable is for carrying power to the unit. But what about carrying the video/audio signals to the other display? Bluetooth?

viewfinder;503879 said:

yup..thats the messy part..but i cant afford to void the manufacture warranty either if i were to modified the idrive..and cut the oem head rest for another 2 lcd screen for the back passengers...

The director of Tian Siang Premium Auto fitted this to his 523i as a show model for anyone interested to see. The wires are routed thru the inside of the seat in between the rear moulding and the cushion, so the cable will not dangle on its way down to the power supply. It emerges at the bottom, where the two cables from each monitor is joined to a splitter box (round in shape). One power cable and adapter then connects the splitter to the rear 12V socket.

Quite neat actually, except placement of the splitter box, which is about 2.5 inches in diameter, might be up to individual taste.

The size of the LCD is quite acceptable, and you can connect the device to the car's audio system thru the aux jack. However, this jack is available on the 523i at the rear and not on the E90. So I guess using the built in speakers or wireless headphones is the way to go.

The SC in Ipoh already sold 6 units he brought in and he is bringing in another 10 units. Seems like the thing is selling like hot cakes. Have booked mine too BTW...:biggrin:

Top Bottom