BMW 3 series 'doughnut spare tyre'

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Porsche168

Club Guest
I am thinking of changing over the run flat tyre to normal tyres as the ride is very jarring on rough roads coupled with the lower cost. Thus does anybody know where to buy this space saver tyre for 325 M Sports?:top:

Ask Stuttgart Motors

Go to stuttgart motors. Ask for Ivan. I think they are selling for RM1200 (inclusive of tyre of cos). I just asked 2 days ago!

got mine for approx RM300 from a potong shop - relatively new ..

Bought the net to hold the tires in the boot coz my car does not have the spare tire well !! Boot space reduced ! Confidence level increased .... personal preference, I guess .

Good idea to look for potong kereta outlets!

535i;453574 said:
got mine for approx RM300 from a potong shop - relatively new ..

Bought the net to hold the tires in the boot coz my car does not have the spare tire well !! Boot space reduced ! Confidence level increased .... personal preference, I guess .

hey tkns..i think its a brilliant idea to find the spare tyre & rim from potong kereta...especially for RM300!! Its like how often do we get a puncture, so why spend so much for a spare rim??!! Which potong kereta oitlet can i find one?

Don't forget to check that it fits your hub. I know someone who bought a potong spare and only found out it didn't fit when he had a puncture... :D

I bought it at Puchong .. Basically - i have to take it from the half-cut boot myself.

RFT is fine if you have a puncture - but if someone slice your tires - than a spare tire will be the only answer .. I need to mitigate the risk - esp long distance driving - at nite .. Small towns might not have RFT tires ..

Yeah tell me about it...I've had a irrepairable flat RFT recently. In fact, nobody keeps stock of RFTs, even in KL. Car was legless for a day.

The person I know relied on the chopshop guy's selection and didn't think to check himself. Those guys are not the most scrupulous guys around. :D

Where's the Best place to keep yr spare wheel?

535i;453604 said:
I bought it at Puchong .. Basically - i have to take it from the half-cut boot myself.

RFT is fine if you have a puncture - but if someone slice your tires - than a spare tire will be the only answer .. I need to mitigate the risk - esp long distance driving - at nite .. Small towns might not have RFT tires ..

bro 535i, i know u just put yr spare inside yr boot & attached yr tyre via some netting to prevent it fr moving, but is there a possibility of taking out our box casing inside the boot and putting d spare tyre rim inside, so that we hv more space in the boot?? I got a new 325i and of cos i want to change to normal tyres...waiting for BMW Perf 19" Rims to arrive...:wink: Any other members out there hv any thots on this problem of spare wheel in the boot area?

Schwepps;453601 said:
Don't forget to check that it fits your hub. I know someone who bought a potong spare and only found out it didn't fit when he had a puncture... :D

tkns schwepps...i was thinking of that too...can be quite cia lat when spare wheel don't fit in the middle of Kampong Pekan Nenas...

hmmmmm this is for consideration- a doughnut tyre...but then i wont be able to jack up the car n change it myself..so AAM best bet!

Only tyres? Got jack or not? I was looking at this:

BMW Part Number: 71 10 6 773 536
acc_veh_7_gen_JackSet.jpg

Top Bottom