Bmc filter

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Mitchwsl

Club Guest
To all guru, I have a bmc cda filter wanted to install to my e90 325i msport... Can any 1 advice which shop to go for d installation???? Tq in advance...

Mitchwsl said:
To all guru, I have a bmc cda filter wanted to install to my e90 325i msport... Can any 1 advice which shop to go for d installation???? Tq in advance...
Are you located in Klang Valley? If I am not mistaken, there are a couple of BMC distributors in Sunway where they may be able to help you install the air filter.

There's a shop in sunway jfa can do it... Any idea ???planning to do
Exhaust work later as well...

Mitchwsl said:
There's a shop in sunway jfa can do it... Any idea ???planning to do
Exhaust work later as well...
JFA has been known for their exhaust work

Any 1 tried after market air filter??? M concern bout d airflow sensor,as d amount of air increases&it might disrupt d original setting... Any 1 can shade some light here??

Mitchwsl said:
Any 1 tried after market air filter??? M concern bout d airflow sensor,as d amount of air increases&it might disrupt d original setting... Any 1 can shade some light here??
Just make sure that the aftermarket air filters don't alter the position of your sensor. If it does alter, make sure that the installer knows how to position it because as you mentioned it, yes the after market air filter will change the shop and also how the air flows in.

Yup went to JFA&they say will custom made my airflow sensor,but I'm sceptical.... So I went to everco for 2nd opinion... A young Chinese chap wt spectical looks like Anak tauke,tell me not to do it....as it's too risky to touch d original airflow sensor&the advice me just get a k&n drop in filter is d best as it's sucking cool air compare to open pod air filter...

Mitchwsl said:
Yup went to JFA&they say will custom made my airflow sensor,but I'm sceptical.... So I went to everco for 2nd opinion... A young Chinese chap wt spectical looks like Anak tauke,tell me not to do it....as it's too risky to touch d original airflow sensor&the advice me just get a k&n drop in filter is d best as it's sucking cool air compare to open pod air filter...
Why do they need to custom make the airflow sensor?? Everco? You spoke to Kingston? He is the boss there. Honestly what Everco told you is exactly the same as what a German BMW tuner told me as well.

The germans have designed and optimize their airflow. Why change that? Many of times when changing might actually make it worse. Someone actually dyno test it. It's because the air temp is hotter

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Yup decided not to do it... Thinking of a drop in k&n.... Any advice/waste of time&money...

Mitchwsl said:
Yup decided not to do it... Thinking of a drop in k&n.... Any advice/waste of time&money...
I just bought a JETEX drop in filter from one of the vendors here (Torque Tuning). I did that because my tuner said that I needed it to achieve better power with the remap.

Will drop d whole idea lah... But very interested in d valvetronic exhaust sys by everco... 4k+ is a bit expensive just for d sound improvement... Still considering... Might visit to eurotuner 1day to cc look look lol...

Mitchwsl said:
Will drop d whole idea lah... But very interested in d valvetronic exhaust sys by everco... 4k+ is a bit expensive just for d sound improvement... Still considering... Might visit to eurotuner 1day to cc look look lol...
I hope you find what you want to achieve :)

I know Eurotuner carries Pipercross high flow filter. Perhaps Calvin can help you with that area?

I bought the Jetex filter from Torque Tuning for my E60 530i - wow, can really feel the difference once you step on the gas. And can really feel the torque esp in sports mode - damn addictive.

Was it a drop in filter roger?? I was quote by mzone BMW k&n drop in for 400.00 ++ how much ur getting for yr Jetex..

Mitchwsl said:
Was it a drop in filter roger?? I was quote by mzone BMW k&n drop in for 400.00 ++ how much ur getting for yr Jetex..
Mine was RM270 for it

Ok will pay a visit to torque tuning... For d drop in life time filter... Actually I prefer d open pod as the roar is much louder but in d same time sucking hot air plus airflow sensor effected....

Mitchwsl said:
Ok will pay a visit to torque tuning... For d drop in life time filter... Actually I prefer d open pod as the roar is much louder but in d same time sucking hot air plus airflow sensor effected....
An alternative is to have a airflow enclosure for the open pod type of filters. For example those made by Gruppe M. But need to ensure that the airflow comes in properly. Like in the case of the E92 M3, the intake box gets air sources from 3 areas, the front grill, the hood through a hole and through the lower grill as well.

Top Bottom