Bluetooth and E60

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

xcell60

Club Guest
Appreciate if all e60 owners can post their bluetooth hp model, and if any, their respective compatibility issues with the connection to the car. I am in the market for a bluetooth hp and would rather be safe than sorry.Cheers

Bro,

Mine is the Nokia 3230 and have sync it with the E60's bluetooth hands free. Works well most of the time but once in a while for some strange reason it disconnects, sometimes it won't connect at all. But 90% of the time it works fine.

I set it on auto detect so that each time I step into the car, turn on the engine it automatically sync itself. I did have some problems syncing it when I first got the phone but the sales girl was very helpful and managed to sync it for me.

Even after I turn off the engine but am still talking on the phone, I am still connected to the car sound system via the bluetooth.

Hope that helps.

Bro,

So far, i've tried personally with K750i & Motorola V3...and both connects via BT without any problems but it does not sync the phone book. Below are the list of phones that compatible with BMW BT :

Motorola:
RAZR V3, V330, E815, V551

Sony Ericsson:
T608, T610, K750i

Nokia:
6310, 8800

Siemens:
S56

I'd assume the new "W800"(i think) should be ok since it used the same K750i platform.

I still dont change my phone to said models cause if suddenly my gf call while my wifey around.....phuh thats it....balik tidur luar woo....just kidding....no money, infact the phones getting xpensive nowdays.

Bro, but for you...please consider BT compatible phones with in-built water resistant. :nyehehe:
It might come handy later on.......

I am using the Sony Erricsson P 910 everything works well. Sometimes it does not detect. Same experience with John Chen

Originally posted by boydf@Sep 28 2005, 04:58 PM

Bro, but for you...please consider BT compatible phones with in-built water resistant. :nyehehe:
It might come handy later on.......
HA HA!! Hey Chandra, Darul has a point there about you having to get a water proof phone for your next pool dunking!!

Are we all the E60 owners in the club??? Anyway, thanks guys. I will make my decision soon.

Originally posted by xcell60@Sep 28 2005, 05:23 PM
Are we all the E60 owners in the club??? Anyway, thanks guys. I will make my decision soon.
Looks like very few of us have joined the forum so important that we continue to support and motivate each other lah!! I think there's another e60 guy from Australia too.

John, Darul,

Bloody hell, now its public eh!!! I was trying to ignore the water proof comment, but obviously it has gone down in history.....thnxs alot darul....good one though!!!!!

Cheers

Originally posted by xcell60@Sep 30 2005, 08:48 AM
oes anyone knows where to get the snap in cradle for the phones? been lookin for a while..

Have you tried the local car accessory shops?
er.. this one is specially for the E60 blue tooth prep. i have not really checked out any local shops yet. It looks like this...

SnapIN-Adapter-E60-mit-E46-Adapter.jpg

if anyone see something like this in ANY shops, would appreciate a post. TQ.

guys.. pardon me, how do i check if i have BT on my e60? does it come standard? see, i seldom drive the car.

Originally posted by Poison@Oct 7 2005, 08:49 PM
guys.. pardon me, how do i check if i have BT on my e60? does it come standard? see, i seldom drive the car.
If I have not mistaken, bluetooth has been standard on the E60 since MY05, perhaps longer. Nothing to turn on or have dealer program, just pair phone & car.

March 2004 was the build date for including the Bluetooth module, but September 2004 was the official date. If your car was built between those dates, you'll need to upgrade the software to the latest version.

So the hardware was there in March and the CIP version that enabled it was CIP 13.3.

Bluetooth on the E60 works with only Handsfree Profile and are NOT fully compatible with all phones, please check before buying phone!

BTW the pic posted earlier is not for the E60 but E46. Just to illustrate the idea.

HTH, Cheers. :)

Try this:

ACTIVATING BLUETOOTH E60/E63/E64

This procedure must be carried out first in order to properly pair a handset to the vehicle.

1. From the start menu press briefly down on the controller.
2. Scroll down to the "Communication settings" and select.
3. Select "Bluetooth" and press controller.
4. Select "Settings" and press controller.
5. Select "Bluetooth communication active" and press the controller to activate the connection.
8. Exit back to the start menu.

If u do not have any option for Bluetooth under the Communications menu it has nothing to do with your choice of cell phone, your vehicle needs to go back to dealer to get properly set up for Bluetooth use. It comes on all 2005 models so they got to get it available to you.

PAIRING THE HANDSET TO THE VEHICLE E60/E63/E64

1. Turn the key on.
2. From the start menu press briefly down on the controller.
3. Scroll down to the "Communication settings" and select.
4. Select "Bluetooth" and press controller.
5. Select "Phone" and press controller.
6. Once the message "Bluetooth connectable in this menu" is displayed the vehicle is in pairable mode.

Your handset should now be set to search for BT devices. See the Owner's Manual for your handset

In order to pair you must enter a random passkey both via the handset and via the CID. The passkey can be any number that you choose up to 16 digits long.

Via the CID select "Add device" and press controller.
Enter your passkey. Depending on the handset, you will have approximately 30 seconds to enter the passkey on the handset and the CID.
Enter the same passkey in the handset and in the display.
Select "Confirm passkey and press the controller.

After a few seconds your device will be listed.

Depending on the handset, the device will ask you to accept connection.
You must exit this menu in order for the handset to operate correctly.

Turn the key off. When the key is turned on the handset will connect and transfer the phonebook entries from the handset. This may take several minutes depending on the size of the phonebook.

Up to 4 handsets can be paired to the vehicle.

Please consult the Owner's Manual of the handset for additional information.

Good Luck! :wink:

Wow, thanks BreytonE60. I will check on this, if I can't find the BT, I'm going back to the dealership with an attitude!!

Top Bottom