Big tyres problem.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

dumeort

Club Guest
Hi all sifus, perhaps anyone advice on my problem.My udm installed with 18' rim. Recently I just did the alignment. After did the alignment, another problem occur. Whenever my car moving without hands on the steering, it moves to the left. So it's like I have to use energy to push to the right whenever i'm driving.I went back to the tyre shop who did the alignment said it's the big tyres fault. Nothing to do with the alignment. Can I buy his story ? Anyone experience? TQ TQ TQ TQ TQ

dumeort said:
Hi all sifus, perhaps anyone advice on my problem.

My udm installed with 18' rim. Recently I just did the alignment. After did the alignment, another problem occur. Whenever my car moving without hands on the steering, it moves to the left. So it's like I have to use energy to push to the right whenever i'm driving.

I went back to the tyre shop who did the alignment said it's the big tyres fault. Nothing to do with the alignment. Can I buy his story ? Anyone experience?

TQ TQ TQ TQ TQ

Hello there..where did u do yor tyre alignment done...got same prob b4.. after sending it to Manji Sunway..Perfecto..Wud recommend u there..have a nice day:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That's just a convenient excuse for : " I don't know WTF I am doing"
Unless of course you tires are slightly out of shape. Try swapping them to the rear.

tyre pobem

ICEman63 said:
Hello there..where did u do yor tyre alignment done...got same prob b4.. after sending it to Manji Sunway..Perfecto..Wud recommend u there..have a nice day:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

waaaaahhhhh now talk like mechanic lah tis guy.........lu ada share ke kat manji hehehehe

tats good then like tat i wanna send all my late granpa, granma etc2 cars for allignment there lah

dumeort,

I don't know man, we are in Bolehland - better check properly that the tyres are ok... not defect.

BTW - what tyre? how much?

Bailey said:
tats good then like tat i wanna send all my late granpa, granma etc2 cars for allignment there lah

Waaaah lu giga..gila..boleh...wooooi bila mau sabit rumput...:D :D

Maybe his alignment machine are the one out of alignment..try send to other shop see whether it fix the problem...if your 18" upgrade is brand new, it should't be any problem..

dumeort said:

My udm installed with 18' rim. Recently I just did the alignment. After did the alignment, another problem occur. Whenever my car moving without hands on the steering, it moves to the left. So it's like I have to use energy to push to the right whenever i'm driving.

I went back to the tyre shop who did the alignment said it's the big tyres fault. Nothing to do with the alignment. Can I buy his story ? Anyone experience?

TQ TQ TQ TQ TQ

yep, my 18' is upgrade (5-6 months). I forgot one thing. He said the tyre bunga have already gone one side (left) because the result of my previous alignment not good. So he changed my right front tyre to the right back. But still the same. Lastly, he said it's the tyre. After he perfercted the alignment, this will be the result, he added.

But he seem an honest guy. Maybe not enuff skill.

p.s Manji Sunway location ? Sound expensive to me.

Get a 2nd opinion and alignment from another good tyre shop.If still like that,have to change tyres lor

dumeort said:

TQ TQ TQ TQ TQ

Normally whenever driving without hands on the steering and it moves to the left or right because of chamber. Need to adjust chamber. If vibration after certain speed, maybe because of allignment.... better check back to that workshop again.

I always send my car to do the allignment at SEK15 Shah Alam Roudabout. GOODYEAR. For me they the best in doing on wheel balancing. They will do until u satisfied. Recond rims n secondhand tyre byk... mungkin mahal sketttt tapi kena pandai bodek....

dumeort said:
yep, my 18' is upgrade (5-6 months). I forgot one thing. He said the tyre bunga have already gone one side (left) because the result of my previous alignment not good. So he changed my right front tyre to the right back. But still the same. Lastly, he said it's the tyre. After he perfercted the alignment, this will be the result, he added.

But he seem an honest guy. Maybe not enuff skill.

p.s Manji Sunway location ? Sound expensive to me.

cheap alignment not good...expensive alignment means good.:D:eek:haha...

you shud have cross the tyres on first 5k mileage. Now its abt tyre wears.
I think the amount of money spent on wheel alignment wont help much.

There might be some fundamental truth to that guy's claims/prognosis.

A regular road has a natural crown to it to clear off rainwater. Aftermarket wheels with increased weight, width and height might increase the car's tendency to tramline.

But in your case I would re do the alignment. I have suspicions your tires are shot and is compounding the problem. Because of uneven wear your car will not be optimally aligned. BMWs tend to wear differently at different corners, one of the reasons BMW does not encourage tire rotation. GL.

sunway! expensive maa..done balancing and alignment without adjust chamber nearly RM150. about 3 months ago.

bro, about the chamber .... Is there another word in chinese / cantonese ? I'm not sure if explain the word 'chamber' to the wheel shop people is a good idea.

dumeort said:
bro, about the chamber .... Is there another word in chinese / cantonese ? I'm not sure if explain the word 'chamber' to the wheel shop people is a good idea.

chamber? i think its "camber"..

well anyway, if you're livin/workin near old klang road area, i strongly recommend u to visit Kee Hin tyre shop (Michelin Authorized Disti) ask for Ah Meng. This is one guy who'll solve all your wheels issues. PM me if u need the contact n address.

Top Bottom