Best way to repair kerbing damage on rims?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Juan Powerblow

Club Guest
Despite my best efforts in taking care of my E92, I swapped cars with my dad over the weekend and regretably, he hit the rear rims against a kerb causing a nasty scratch at a small part of the rim's edge. I spoke to E46F about this and for minor damage with no structural damage, it's possible to do a touch-up. I'm reluctant to re-spray the rim entirely since it might look different from other rims. Would appreciate if any of you guys can share your experience on touching-up? i.e. where's the best place to go in KL or PJ and how much should I expect to pay?

yes yes please share i also got mine damaged by kerb and damm frustrated when i see it everytime...

I'm checking out a place called Heap Soon near AB Segambut this Saturday morning and will report on how it goes, unless thsaw99 volunteers to be the guinea pig instead, hahaha!

Heap Soon is pricey dude. You would have to respray or do little touch-ups.

Juan Powerblow;228146 said:
I'm checking out a place called Heap Soon near AB Segambut this Saturday morning and will report on how it goes, unless thsaw99 volunteers to be the guinea pig instead, hahaha!

hehe thanx for da thought bro...but no thanx! anyone who had done this pls share here la...tt or milo peng or beer on me!

Ok guys! I did the touch-up at Heap Soon today and they managed to restore the scratched part 99% i.e. it's quite difficult to tell that it's been touched up but there's a teenzie weenzie bit of uneveness. It only cost me RM30 so I'm terribly relieved considering I was contemplating buying a new rim! The touch-up didn't require a respray which was also a major relief. I'm gonna wash the car now and see if it the touch-up is more concealed after being cleaned.

thanx for sharing juan...mine is long milimetre scratch i would say..not deep, but damm when you have a new set of shiny wheel and it get scratch you feel bad la when looking at it...beer on me bro!

Top Bottom