Best value ICE in town

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

chaiks

Club Guest
Time to change my ICE, as my 8 yrs old Alpine changer is skipping mad. Went to Brothers & bought 2 units of (guess what?), Brothers head unit for RM3xx/each. Still less than RM1k for a double DIN player, if need to replace my wife's CRV stolen Kenwood. (Heck, my home speaker cables cost more than both players).So what has RM3xx player so good? can get CD & MP3 support for less than that? The part that sell at the end is the USB pen/thumb-drive support. All I need now is to plug and it will play "skip-free" song. No hassle to burn CD anymore. :D Never been supporter to Brothers b4, but after seeing that they can take up 6 lots in a row for their showroom & loadsa branches, they know their business. I'm not related to them, just the "geek" get to me to share this.P.S. The sound is awesome for what I pay. Anyway, at least won't feel bad if stolen, cos it doesn't cost RM4k but instead 1/10.

Brothers Boleh! Love Brothers. Say what you want but at the end of the day, my Brothers 4 channel AMP didn't fail me since I got it 2 years ago. Only RM250....hahahah..... :D

Also the China Brand mp3 player I got for my ex-E30. Looks great. Only a little slow but what da heck, the song sounds the same...hahahah....

So what has RM3xx player so good? can get CD & MP3 support for less than that? The part that sell at the end is the USB pen/thumb-drive support. All I need now is to plug and it will play "skip-free" song. No hassle to burn CD anymore.

-------------------------------

sorry, i don't understand, what u mean is that the head unit got one USB port for u to plug in the mp3 player or pen drive, and u can use the head unit to choose what u want to listen?????

Originally posted by willie@Sep 2 2005, 05:23 PM
So what has RM3xx player so good? can get CD & MP3 support for less than that? The part that sell at the end is the USB pen/thumb-drive support. All I need now is to plug and it will play "skip-free" song. No hassle to burn CD anymore.

-------------------------------

sorry, i don't understand, what u mean is that the head unit got one USB port for u to plug in the mp3 player or pen drive, and u can use the head unit to choose what u want to listen?????
Yes. Plug (a USB pen-drive on the USB port on the head unit) & it will detect & play the first song. Removing it, the player will switch to Radio. Can also toggle mode from USB->Radio->CD. Pretty cool. Now I wish my CD player at home got this feature. :D

Sometimes the things you find at brothers is amazing. Price wise, cheap. But their installation work sucks.

i agreewith wasabi, i haven't try their product( but i think i am going to go and have a look very soon, hehe), but their workmanship is bad..... last time they can't even handle the wiring of a sony CD player in my gf satria, can't think about what will happend when it comes to BMW....

I have a concern that Brother's HU may not be as durable as established makes. Can anybody share their experience here? :huh:

I think fabian got the same HU some time back. The one with the USB port at the corner....... cheap as chips.........

Originally posted by zaskar@Sep 6 2005, 10:16 AM
I think fabian got the same HU some time back. The one with the USB port at the corner....... cheap as chips.........
ya i noticed he had a brothers player in his car,

fabian how does it fare? value for money?

Ohh...Someone actually got the same brothers HU with USB also. I think for the price, its a value buy. In fact, it will pass your expectation when u don't expect a lot from it. Come on, RM3xx for a HU. Its defo OEM from China, like most other branded products nowadays.

The gripes so far are minor such as the light is kinda bright for my liking at night, & the writing below the horizontal button is too low to read. Other than that, I need to adjust the sound, cos it really brings out the tweeter high range but not the low. Partly I like to adjust the sound to the front.

P.S. The MP3 function is cool, can search/browse through folders directly. No worries having to skip through a 100 songs. Having said that I'll use the USB more.

Top Bottom